Old June 1st 08, 01:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Mitcham Eastfields

On 1 Jun, 13:26, "12COR" wrote:
Published in the WON to open tomorrow.

Being announced at Epsom today as not opening tomorrow.

Chaos in the air for the morning peak then.

See Mr Thant's weblog entry on this - specifically the second comment
from the Merton council publicity officer:

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...pens-this.html
or via http://tinyurl.com/5tmeka

Though I don't see why its late opening would cause chaos in the
morning peak. Local residents who might have planned on using it will
likely either know it has been delayed, or at least have taken the
opening date with a large pinch of salt. Meanwhile the area around the
station is a residential area, not a centre of employment - it's a
station from which the vast majority of people will commute from,
rather than to. Granted, there is a secondary school in the vicinity,
but again I'd think that any potential users (pupils or staff) would
again be aware of the situation.

All in all I don't think it likely that there will be many people if
in fact there are any who will be relying on this station opening
tomorrow morning, so I don't see the potential for chaos. The only
problem might be the stations appearance on the various station and on-
train passenger information systems.