Old June 2nd 08, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo to St Pancras International.

On Jun 1, 3:43�pm, asdf wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2008 17:50:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I'd hardly recommend using bus stop K at Waterloo to someone requiring
step-free access! It's either a long hike via an escalator and then
along Waterloo Road, crossing at least 2 roads in the the process;

There's a lift from the concourse down the the Waterloo Road exit. And
the roads you have to cross (is there more than one?) are very minor
ones (I don't think I've ever seen anything turn down them).

I'd forgotten that there was a lift, but there are 2 roads to cross -
Mepham Street and the bus road leading from under the railway line
into the bus station. It's also a very long walk along often very
crowded pavements. I hate having to use that route.

There is of course a more direct route from the mainline concourse to
the bus station, but that has an escalator at one end (to go under
Mepham Street) but only stairs at the other side! Bizarre really.

Marc.