Old July 24th 07, 09:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default St Pancras International

Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via their
website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

Old July 24th 07, 10:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 24, 10:58 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via their
website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

Is there any prospect of through services yet beyond London? Also does
anyone know if TGVs or ICEs will ever visit these shores now that
there is a UIC gauge route the whole way?

B2003

Old July 24th 07, 10:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 24, 10:58 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via
their
website

Is there any prospect of through services yet beyond London?

Not likely - they've lent the appropriate trains to SNCF for services in
France.

Also does
anyone know if TGVs or ICEs will ever visit these shores now that
there is a UIC gauge route the whole way?

No - not until the construction rules for trains using the tunnel are
changed. As discussed many times before...

Paul

Old July 24th 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ,
"Paul Scott" wrote:

Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via their
website

www.eurostar.com

Double page spread in the Independent this morning showing a picture of
not-quite-completed StP from track level. I guess the other papers have
similar but I haven't seen them yet.

Sam
Old July 24th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 24, 10:58 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via their
website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

The first train from London to Paris on 14 Nov is the 12:30 - I
always suspected that a truly 'overnight' move from Waterloo would be
a little ambitious to say the least.

Old July 24th 07, 11:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"EE507" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jul 24, 10:58 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via
their
website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

The first train from London to Paris on 14 Nov is the 12:30 - I
always suspected that a truly 'overnight' move from Waterloo would be
a little ambitious to say the least.

Is that definite? If so I have a £59 day return on the first public service
out of St Pancras International - bargain. I was assuming the earlier
trains might have been fully booked.

UKR meet anyone?

Paul

Old July 24th 07, 11:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 24, 11:27 am, Boltar wrote:
Is there any prospect of through services yet beyond London? Also does
anyone know if TGVs or ICEs will ever visit these shores now that
there is a UIC gauge route the whole way?

Only if they can be modified to comply with Channel Tunnel safety
standards, plus whatever signalling systems are necessary. This is
not easy, so it would probably be easier to build new.

Oh, if they are not carrying passengers I suppose there's a
possibility, but there wouldn't be much point.

PhilD

Old July 24th 07, 11:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message . com, at
03:27:48 on Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Boltar remarked:

Is there any prospect of through services yet beyond London?

Not until the Daily Mail is satisfied that we have found a way to deal
with our porous borders.
Old July 24th 07, 12:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 24, 12:25 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

The first train from London to Paris on 14 Nov is the 12:30 - I
always suspected that a truly 'overnight' move from Waterloo would be
a little ambitious to say the least.

Is that definite? If so I have a £59 day return on the first public service
out of St Pancras International - bargain. I was assuming the earlier
trains might have been fully booked.

Deduced from online booking engine. The 12:30 is showing fully booked
for some categories of business/first class, consistent with VIP
getting the best seats...

Old July 24th 07, 12:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Reminder - bookings for Eurostar from St Pancras are now available via
their website

www.eurostar.com

Paul

Quite by chance (as the sun was out) I ventured in darkest Kent today to
take some pictures at the junction between new and old Eurostar routes.
After a bit of a struggle to get there because my sat-nav didn't know a road
had been blocked off, I arrived at the very convenient bridge visible on the
map, only to find it gated and barb-wired!
30 years ago I might have struggled over but I decided to find an
alternative but far less satisfactory position on an adjacent bridle path.

Having only a guestimate for train times, I managed repeatedly to have
wandered away from the "best" vantage point every time a train passed with
the results you will see (the flowers are nice though).

I was also caught out by 2 services on the "new" line, following scheduled
trains up and down. I have marked them as to and
from St. Pancras but in truth I don't know where they were going. Does
anyone have a schedule? Picture links below - the 2 non-eurostar pics helped
me fill in the time! Rather them than me.

www.thebattens.me.uk/euro1(1010exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro2(tostp).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro3(tostprear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro4(0959exbru).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro5(1040exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro6(1040exwatrear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro7(1043exwat).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/euro8(1043exwatrear).jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/noteuro1.jpg
www.thebattens.me.uk/noteuro2.jpg

Anyway, between 1030 and 1130 this site is quite busy if anyone who has no
fear of ripped trousers (or worse) wants to have a go!

MaxB