Old August 10th 08, 01:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 3 Pound deposit on Oyster

I'm planning to buy 2 oyster cards for me and my friend I Booked At
wembley I'm buying 2 oyster I pay 44.60 for the 7 day
1-6 oyster card and add 1.80 for 2 buses the day b4 making it 46.40
for each . I plan to take rt 105 then connect to rt 92 does anyone
know where to transfer in the same stop ?

Do i have to pay 2 deposits?

Old August 10th 08, 06:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 10, 12:24 am, Simon wrote:
On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 18:22:47 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
I'm planning to buy 2 oyster cards for me and my friend I Booked At
wembley I'm buying 2 oyster I pay 44.60 for the 7 day
1-6 oyster card and add 1.80 for 2 buses the day b4 making it 46.40
for each . I plan to take rt 105 then connect to rt 92 does anyone
know where to transfer in the same stop ?

Near Greenford Red Lion. The locals will tell you when you get
there if you ask. Stop W on this map.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/greenfordbroad...

TfL suggest changing busses at Greenford station but that would not
be my choice. It is just too dull.

Do i have to pay 2 deposits?

If you get the travel cards a day in advance to start the next day
when you get the Oyster cards then there is no deposit to pay (that
is my understanding of the rules). Otherwise yes, £3 for each card.

Simon

thats what i plan to do thank you
Old August 10th 08, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
I'm planning to buy 2 oyster cards for me and my friend I Booked At
wembley *I'm buying 2 oyster I pay 44.60 *for the 7 day
1-6 oyster card and add 1.80 for 2 buses the day b4 making it 46.40
for each . I plan to take rt 105 then connect to rt 92 does anyone
know where to transfer in the same stop ?

Near Greenford Red Lion. *The locals will tell you when you get
there if you ask. *Stop W on this map.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/greenfordbroad...

TfL suggest changing busses at Greenford station but that would not
be my choice. *It is just too dull.

Do i have to pay 2 deposits?

If you get the travel cards a day in advance to start the next day
when you get the Oyster cards then there is no deposit to pay (that
is my understanding of the rules). *Otherwise yes, £3 for each card.

My understanding is that you avoid the deposits buy buying a seven-day
(or longer) season ticket. I avoided paying a deposit when I first
got my Oyster because it was for a seven-day travelcard starting right
away.
Old August 10th 08, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
Go to www.tfl.gov.uk and select Journey Planner, the Timetables and then
enter 92 in the appropriate box for bus timetables. There's no point in
providing a url as they are session based and I think different every
time you use the system.
--
Paul C

Just tried this and went to Journey Planner, but how do you get to the
Timetables link; I couldn't find any reference to timetables,
Lawrie

Old August 10th 08, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sun, 10 Aug
2008 10:29:43 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes

wrote:

I'm planning to buy 2 oyster cards for me and my friend I Booked At
wembley I'm buying 2 oyster I pay 44.60 for the 7 day
1-6 oyster card and add 1.80 for 2 buses the day b4 making it 46.40
for each . I plan to take rt 105 then connect to rt 92 does anyone
know where to transfer in the same stop ?

Near Greenford Red Lion. The locals will tell you when you get
there if you ask. Stop W on this map.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...reenfordbroadw
ay-2103.pdf

Both of the routes are operated by First London so I-Bus should be
working (hopefully) and therefore the stops will be displayed and
announced as the bus approaches them. Just to provide a little more
reassurance.

What is the "operability" status of I-Bus? I was on a 183 yesterday from
Golders Green to Kenton. The I-Bus display was working but not the PA.
Had I been carrying my cellphone, would a call to CentreComm have been
worthwhile? I got no opportunity to speak to the driver on leaving the
bus as it was clogged with passengers. Boarding at Golders Green had not
been impressive. "Resting" 83s blocked the stop. The 183 driver invited
us to join him by crossing to the "wrong" side of the road. A wheelchair
would have made the process amusing.

It was wonderful to see the large numbers of small family groups in
their Saturday best walking to synagogue. I had considered getting off a
210 for a salt beef sandwich on my way from Finsbury Park. The penny
later dropped.

On the bus, there was an entertaining passenger interaction. A pensioner
asked a young woman if she would move to another seat so the pensioner
and her mother could sit in their preferred seats. She moved, but
sounded off about paying for her travel. In her position, I would have
seen no reason to move.

The stop to get off the 105 should be announced as Greenford Red Lion.
No idea where you are getting off in Wembley but this is the route list
for the 92 - the name on here should match the on bus announcement.

I am now a REAL fan of I-Bus. It is not 100% with its information. I was
going from Northolt to South Harrow. I thought "Station Parade" in South
Harrow might have been my stop but had to go 3 stops further. I had
minor interactions with a pensioner. He barged past me on entry and shut
two windows. After I checked my stop, he decided to use his stick to
close the window next to me. I said nothing but re-opened it. He also
had the good sense to be silent.

Go to www.tfl.gov.uk and select Journey Planner, the Timetables and then

I think you missed "Advanced options" after Journey Planner. Thanks for
that. I had missed timetables.

enter 92 in the appropriate box for bus timetables. There's no point in
providing a url as they are session based and I think different every
time you use the system.

I find my favorite (sic) setting of
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
always gets me to the "Advanced options" page. "language=en" is needed
as the default is "language=de" because a German company supplies the
software.

My hope is that the new mayor might extend the Journey Planner to
support taxis and cars. I suppose I should lobby. I also find it
irritating that one has to classify origins and destinations. i.e. "SE1
2AA" is not a "Station or stop in London" but should be recognised as a
"Post code" without further interaction. (IE maintains a list of
previous locations but does not hold their classifications.)
Yes! I'm lazy.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old August 10th 08, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Wembley stadium im staying at the hilton
Old August 10th 08, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:36:47 +0100, "Lawrie"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
Go to www.tfl.gov.uk and select Journey Planner, the Timetables and then
enter 92 in the appropriate box for bus timetables. There's no point in
providing a url as they are session based and I think different every
time you use the system.

Just tried this and went to Journey Planner, but how do you get to the
Timetables link; I couldn't find any reference to timetables,

On the right hand side of the screen - in the "see below" list - you
should find Timetables. Not hugely obvious I'll grant you.

--
Paul C

Thanks Paul,
I was looking at the journey planner on the home page. Didnt realise you
have to click on that to get to another more detailed journey planner. Now I
see the timetable link.
As an ex bus scheduler, bit dissapointed they are just lists of departures
but better than nothing. I believe there are other sites where you can get
full timetables for the less frequent routes,
Lawrie

Old August 10th 08, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

NYC MTA has all schedules for both subway and buses it might have
trains run every 3-5 minutes during the rush hour instead of each
train
Old August 10th 08, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 12:23:58 +0100, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

My hope is that the new mayor might extend the Journey Planner to
support taxis and cars. I suppose I should lobby. I also find it
irritating that one has to classify origins and destinations. i.e. "SE1
2AA" is not a "Station or stop in London" but should be recognised as a
"Post code" without further interaction.

Oh, hell yeah, that irritates me every time.

In FF3, sometimes it detects it as a postcode, but not always.
Old August 11th 08, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What is i-bus?