Old September 26th 08, 02:34 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

Default Public transport - why?

Huge wrote:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit full. But
boy, isn't New Street a ********?

Indeed, but outside near the Royal Mail depot is an extremely fine
Indian Restaurant with a decent wine list.

OTOH, when a colleague of mine was crossing from the station to the
restaurant someone bashed him over the head with a brick and stole his
laptop.

Old September 26th 08, 04:36 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...7319-21847775/

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old September 26th 08, 05:10 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...
Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...7319-21847775/

50 million for a thermonuclear device of some sort, and half a billion
for the rebuild?
--
SAm.
Old September 26th 08, 05:38 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

I'm still laughing at:

"this iconic new gateway to Birmingham will cement the city's place as
one of Europe's style capitals"

and

"will put Birmingham in the same league as architectural giants like
Barcelona and London"

No, please, make them stop.

Old September 26th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...
In article ,

says...
Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...7319-21847775/

50 million for a thermonuclear device of some sort, and half a billion
for the rebuild?

The trick is that they are doing the rebuild in Tamworth.

--
eric
Live fast, die only if strictly necessary.
Old September 26th 08, 06:22 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

(Steve Firth) writes:

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

I'm still laughing at:

"this iconic new gateway to Birmingham will cement the city's place as
one of Europe's style capitals"

and

"will put Birmingham in the same league as architectural giants like
Barcelona and London"

No, please, make them stop.

Well we'll never get anything built in Brum like the TGV station
outside Lyon. The Victorian Society were on the local news earlier
opposing a horrible concrete tower block being pulled down and
replaced with a metal and glass one.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
Old September 26th 08, 07:58 PM posted to uk.misc,uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.transport.london

The message
from (Steve Firth) contains these words:
Chris Eilbeck wrote:
Huge writes:

I went to Birmingham yesterday on the train. It was fine, if a bit
full. But boy, isn't New Street a ********?

It's better than it used to be but I guess it'll be way better when
they've spent 550 million on it.

I'm still laughing at:

"this iconic new gateway to Birmingham will cement the city's place as
one of Europe's style capitals"

and

"will put Birmingham in the same league as architectural giants like
Barcelona and London"

No, please, make them stop.

They don't combine the words 'Bull' and 'Ring' for nothing innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig