Old November 29th 08, 05:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Southern East Croydon to Milton Keynes service issues

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:50:11 +0000, Gavin Hamilton
wrote:

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

You sure it wasn't a Desiro? The service hasn't started yet.

Unless it was a crew-training run, I guess.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

This
http://abpr2.railfan.net/abprphoto.c...ddington_1.jpg
was buzzing back and forth through Cheddington on 7th November.

Old November 30th 08, 02:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

You sure it wasn't a Desiro? The service hasn't started yet.

Unless it was a crew-training run, I guess.

Neil

Definitely Southern colours so not an EMT desiro..

Old November 30th 08, 03:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

You sure it wasn't a Desiro? *The service hasn't started yet.

Unless it was a crew-training run, I guess.

Neil

Definitely Southern colours so not an EMT desiro..

EMT aren't getting any Desiros - you presumably mean LM Desiro?

Tony
Old November 30th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
No Name

In article ,
Gavin Hamilton wrote:
Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

You sure it wasn't a Desiro? The service hasn't started yet.

Unless it was a crew-training run, I guess.

Neil

Definitely Southern colours so not an EMT desiro..

I can see the WCML at Hemel Hempstead from my window, and I see 377s going
past on most weekdays. Presumably, they are training runs for the new
service.

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband
www.davidhwild.me.uk
Old December 1st 08, 08:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

They seem to have got over the Wembley Central issue by making the
service pick up or set down only, according to direction.

Old December 16th 08, 08:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Dec 1, 9:09*pm, wrote:
They seem to have got over the Wembley Central issue by making the
service pick up or set down only, according to direction.

So going north, one can alight only at Wembley central? Can one board
and alight at Harrow?

So poor chap travelling from Wembley to MKC has to change, even though
there is a perfectly good direct train that will go between the two?

Will anything use Watford Junction platform 10 once the service is
extended northwards? I'm guessing the Southern service will use the
usual slow platforms 8 and 9?
Old January 21st 09, 09:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Mr Thant wrote:

So Croydon-KO-MK itself is definitely allowed - it's only the WC calls
and the CJ starters that are in doubt.

Just keeping an eye on this 'MoC' issue, ORR have now put all the
correspondence between the various 'learned friends' up on their website.
There is a surprising amount of debate about the meaning of the word
'call', for those interested it is some way down this page, at New
Southern Railway Ltd, 27th SA:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1258

The ORR final decision on SN's MK service has now been published, approving
the Clapham Junction starting services, but no change to the Wembley Central
calls (set down pick up restrictions) as discussed previously.

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...7sa_declet.pdf

Thanks to London Reconnections for the steer. Like them, if you read the
report you may be left wondering at the effort expended in deciding what
'calls' really means...

Paul S