Old October 10th 08, 08:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Southern East Croydon to Milton Keynes service issues

On Oct 9, 9:51 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote:
On 9 Oct, 03:17, darkprince66 wrote:
Having looked at the track access agreement, I rescind my earlier
comment about it's usefulness. It stops at nearly every bloody lamp
post along the way! Tring to Balham? Hmmm...

Some people want to travel from Tring to Balham. If you want to go to
Gatwick you need to change anyway, may as well be at Clapham if it
does save time. This service will get people for the Milton Keynes-
Harrow corridor, the Bletchley - Underground (at Shepherds Bush)

corridor, the WLL, and services in south london

Hopefully there should be enough Central Line capacity to cope with pax
using Shepherds Bush as a western version of Stratford...

With a good enough service it could relieve pressure on the Victoria
line from Euston for people heading to oxford circus.

Old October 11th 08, 10:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 01:28:53 -0700 (PDT), Paul Weaver
wrote:

With a good enough service it could relieve pressure on the Victoria
line from Euston for people heading to oxford circus.

It'd have to be at least half-hourly, I reckon.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 26th 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mr Thant wrote:
On 7 Oct, 15:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Southern have applied to ORR for the proposed Dec 08 service, but
there are problems because (if I'm reading correctly) Network Rail
believe the WCML Moderation of Competition agreement prevents them
allowing a service that calls at Wembley Central and Kensington
Olympia en route from EC to MK...

It looks like there are two separate issues:
- Service from Wembley Central to Milton Keynes is protected, and
Southern agree, but they don't like it.
- Service from Kensington Olympia to Milton Keynes is also protected,
unless the service "calls at or passes through" Clapham Junction.
Network Rail thinks this means trains starting at Clapham Junction
aren't allowed. Southern disagree, pointing out the next clause "or
starts or terminates beyond these stations".

So Croydon-KO-MK itself is definitely allowed - it's only the WC calls
and the CJ starters that are in doubt.

Just keeping an eye on this 'MoC' issue, ORR have now put all the
correspondence between the various 'learned friends' up on their website.
There is a surprising amount of debate about the meaning of the word 'call',
for those interested it is some way down this page, at New Southern Railway
Ltd, 27th SA:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1258

Paul

Old November 27th 08, 07:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:33:29 -0000, Paul Scott wrote:

Mr Thant wrote:
[18 quoted lines suppressed]

Just keeping an eye on this 'MoC' issue, ORR have now put all the
correspondence between the various 'learned friends' up on their website.
There is a surprising amount of debate about the meaning of the word 'call',
for those interested it is some way down this page, at New Southern Railway
Ltd, 27th SA:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1258

Paul

Did anyone keep note of the timetable for this route, I thought I
bookmarked it but obviously didn't.

Steve
Old November 27th 08, 07:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:11:11 +0000, Steve
wrote:

Did anyone keep note of the timetable for this route, I thought I
bookmarked it but obviously didn't.

Not to hand, though it's probably on www.londonmidland.com by now. I
recall noticing that, unlike the original plan, there is to be a peak
service, which will make it very useful indeed if I need to go to our
head office in Staines.

Indeed, the new timetable will make a number of things better for me
in the end - the 0711 off BLY starts there, so I can look forward to a
warm train to wait on rather than a freezing platform! (In exchange
it's a bit slower, but that shouldn't matter too much).

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Old November 27th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Did anyone keep note of the timetable for this route, I thought I
bookmarked it but obviously didn't.

Not to hand, though it's probably on www.londonmidland.com by now. I
recall noticing that, unlike the original plan, there is to be a peak
service, which will make it very useful indeed if I need to go to our
head office in Staines.

Indeed, the new timetable will make a number of things better for me
in the end - the 0711 off BLY starts there, so I can look forward to a
warm train to wait on rather than a freezing platform! (In exchange
it's a bit slower, but that shouldn't matter too much).

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap..._GRIDS_WEB.pdf

Full info south of Shepherd's Bush is on the Southern site though Neil,
amazingly enough... :-)

http://www.southernrailway.com/routes.php?r=5&m=route

Unfortunately separate links for weekdays, Sat, Sun, other direction etc...

Paul

Old November 29th 08, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

Old November 29th 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 29 Nov, 16:50, Gavin Hamilton
wrote:

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

G-

Indeed, crew training runs Selhurst Depot to Bletchley CS, no runs to
Kilton Keynes until the bay is sorted.

grid
Old November 29th 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:50:11 +0000, Gavin Hamilton
wrote:

Saw one stopping at Leighton Buzzard (north bound) on Thursday...

You sure it wasn't a Desiro? The service hasn't started yet.

Unless it was a crew-training run, I guess.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 29th 08, 04:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:49:14 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Indeed, crew training runs Selhurst Depot to Bletchley CS, no runs to
Kilton Keynes until the bay is sorted.

Couldn't they start it running anyway and terminate at Bletchley,
then?

Neil

--
Neil Williams