Old November 9th 08, 06:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG on Heathrow Connect

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 17:52:29 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

I have wondered if it would make more sense, given the open nature of
DLR's system, to have a flat fare and readers on-board instead of
having them on the stations.

Agreed. I think the same can be said for trams.

Richard.

Old November 9th 08, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message
, at
10:17:19 on Sun, 9 Nov 2008, Mr Thant
remarked:
On 8 Nov, 16:05, Roland Perry wrote:
Talking of which, I went through T123 Underground station earlier today,
and the automatic barriers were taped off, with everyone having to take
a scenic tour of the booking office to get to the escalators. It wasn't
clear why

The signs say "escalator closure trials".

I think the closure was a success. Now they can declare the trial over.

I think the station has two
sets of escalators - one beyond the ticket office for people going
in, and one before the ticket office for people leaving, which have
their own gateline that exits directly onto the airport corridor.
Everyone was being sent via the latter.

We went down the escalator I think you'd normally expect to, but the
gateline from the corridor to the escalator was closed, and an entire
360 degree trip round the ticket office hall was required. The centre of
the hall is a maze of queue-control barriers, but they were shut and
therefore unable to be used as a short-cut.
Old November 9th 08, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Williams) wrote:
I have wondered if it would make more sense, given the open nature of
DLR's system, to have a flat fare and readers on-board instead of
having them on the stations.

Agreed. *I think the same can be said for trams.

Of course in London the trams do already operate on a flat fare basis
on Croydon Tramlink - they didn't start off like this but things were
switched around a number of years ago so trams basically became an
equivalent to buses.

Though of course the point you were making is that trams should have
on-board Oyster readers. I suppose there are several pluses and
minuses to doing things either way.

Old November 10th 08, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:25:42
on Sun, 9 Nov 2008, remarked:
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp

Done. You too, Roland?

Yes.

Old November 10th 08, 05:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Nov, 10:58, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 12:25:42
on Sun, 9 Nov 2008, remarked:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp

Done. You too, Roland?

Yes.

Good stuff. My impression is that TfL handles passenger comments and
complaints somewhat more diligently than others in the transport
business, and issues do get passed up the line to the appropriate
people.
Old November 10th 08, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On 10 Nov, 10:58, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at
12:25:42 on Sun, 9 Nov 2008, remarked:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/tube/default.asp

Done. You too, Roland?

Yes.

Good stuff. My impression is that TfL handles passenger comments and
complaints somewhat more diligently than others in the transport
business, and issues do get passed up the line to the appropriate
people.

There,s no doubt they have a right shambles at Heathrow now. I won't be
back there for a bit, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel