Old November 13th 08, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default West London Line timetable

I guess quite a few will be interested in the Southern stopping patterns on
the WLL after December 14th, the TT includes times for the Milton Keynes
service
from 26th Jan, as well as the London Overground services:

http://www.southernrailway.com/routes.php?r=5&m=route

6 separate files at bottom of page, unfortunately...

The previously discussed problems with calls at Kenny O appear to have been
resolved, in so far as they are included without restriction, and Wembley
Central is pick up and set down only on MK services, again as discussed.

By the way, set down only northbound at Wembley C will be easy to enforce,
as the platform is usually only unlocked if a train is due...

Paul S

Old November 13th 08, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 13 Nov, 16:55, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I guess quite a few will be interested in the Southern stopping patterns on
the WLL after December 14th, the TT includes times for the Milton Keynes
service
from 26th Jan, as well as the London Overground services:

http://www.southernrailway.com/routes.php?r=5&m=route

6 separate files at bottom of page, unfortunately...

The previously discussed problems with calls at Kenny O appear to have been
resolved, in so far as they are included without restriction, and Wembley
Central is pick up and set down only on MK services, again as discussed.

By the way, set down only northbound at Wembley C will be easy to enforce,
as the platform is usually only unlocked if a train is due...

Paul S

I am wondering ... if one gets, say, the 0750 from Olympia before 26
January, what is there to change to at Watford?
Old November 13th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
[...]

Arr 0820, that'll be the LM 0826 to Tring, or the LM 0844 to MK (overtaken
by 0901 to MK). I reckon...

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap...08D_BOOK1_.pdf

Paul S

Old November 13th 08, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:19:47 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap...08D_BOOK1_.pdf

I hope that timetable is incorrect, as it appears to be missing all of
the peak southbound Virgin Trains from Milton Keynes to Euston which
were promised in the version on the DfT's website.

If there is really no fast between 0634 and 0719 there is going to be
one major capacity problem come next month.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 13th 08, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap...08D_BOOK1_.pdf

I hope that timetable is incorrect, as it appears to be missing all of
the peak southbound Virgin Trains from Milton Keynes to Euston which
were promised in the version on the DfT's website.

If there is really no fast between 0634 and 0719 there is going to be
one major capacity problem come next month.

Intentionally not shown? The only 'up' VT services shown by LM seem to be
those via Northampton...

The VT [combined Euston - Crewe] timetable shows up trains at 0638, 0652,
0700, 0714

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/travel...s/default.aspx

Paul S

Old November 13th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Nov 13, 6:19*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

[...]

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap...he/LM08D_BOOK1...

Paul S- Hide quoted text -

Ah right, so the 0824 from Euston is slowed down. It's what you used
to be able to arrive at Milton Keynes at 0919 on, having left Olympia
at 0805. So for several weeks that becomes depart 0750 and arrive
0927* instead of depart 0805 and arrive at 0919.

*Except there are these new ones to Coventry, so that's possbly 0925,
except that the charter minutes probably result in the 0927 arriving
at MK earlier more often than not.

And on LM non-stop to MK any more.
Old November 14th 08, 06:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:24:24 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

The VT [combined Euston - Crewe] timetable shows up trains at 0638, 0652,
0700, 0714

Good. That's what I expected - 4 rather than 3, therefore a slight
improvement...

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old December 11th 08, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 13 Nov, 16:55, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I guess quite a few will be interested in the Southern stopping patterns on
the WLL after December 14th, the TT includes times for the Milton Keynes
service
from 26th Jan, as well as the London Overground services:

http://www.southernrailway.com/routes.php?r=5&m=route

6 separate files at bottom of page, unfortunately...

The previously discussed problems with calls at Kenny O appear to have been
resolved, in so far as they are included without restriction, and Wembley
Central is pick up and set down only on MK services, again as discussed.

By the way, set down only northbound at Wembley C will be easy to enforce,
as the platform is usually only unlocked if a train is due...

Paul S

Have I missed something? The TSO "UK" Rail Timetable table 66 shows
Southern trains running through to Milton Keynes both "until 23
January" and "from 26 January". Table 177 has only one version and
shows the ones that run from Croydon.
Old December 11th 08, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Dec, 11:36, MIG wrote:
Have I missed something? *The TSO "UK" Rail Timetable table 66 shows
Southern trains running through to Milton Keynes both "until 23
January" and "from 26 January". *

So does the online version:
http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%...es/Table66.pdf

But all other signs point to it being wrong. The trains terminate at
Watford during the interim WCML timetable period (ie until January
26th).

Old December 11th 08, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
On 13 Nov, 16:55, "Paul Scott" wrote:
I guess quite a few will be interested in the Southern stopping patterns
on
the WLL after December 14th, the TT includes times for the Milton Keynes
service
from 26th Jan, as well as the London Overground services:

http://www.southernrailway.com/routes.php?r=5&m=route

6 separate files at bottom of page, unfortunately...

Have I missed something? The TSO "UK" Rail Timetable table 66 shows
Southern trains running through to Milton Keynes both "until 23
January" and "from 26 January". Table 177 has only one version and
shows the ones that run from Croydon.

The TSO UKRT probably predates the decision not to commence the full service
til 26 Jan, which is clearly shown in both the SN (link above) and LM pdf
timetables.

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/app/webroot/files/cache/LM08D_BOOK1_GRIDS_WEB.pdf

The LM terminating service to MK is also shortened to Bletchley during
December, because firstly they are still altering the reversing platform at
MK, ie swapping the Up slow line (P2) and original bay (P1), to allow trains
to terminate in the centre road; and secondly altering the track and
connecting a second 4 car bay (2B) cut out of the south end of platform 1.

Presumably this new second bay isn't needed for the LM services, but it may
still not be ready until late Jan, thereby delaying SN starting.

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/ap...0%20versionpdf

http://londonmidland.go-cms.co.uk/in...version_id=200

Paul S