Old December 16th 08, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Targetted mailings from TfL?

Greetings.

Today I received the following e-mail from TfL. I was wondering if
everyone on their mailing list got this message, or if they sent it only
to those people whose Oyster card data shows regular trips to Stratford.
Does anyone know if TfL uses Oyster travel data to target its mailings in
this manner?

Regards,
Tristan

Dear Mr Miller,

We are writing to let you know that London Overground trains, into and
out of Stratford station, are moving platforms.

From Friday, 2 January 2009 all London Overground trains will use the
newly built platforms 1 and 2, at the far north of the station next to
Platform 12.

To download a leaflet with full information, please click he
http://www.c-f-1.com/d.aspx?e=MTQ4ND...linkID=1060979

Yours sincerely,

Julie Dixon
Head of Communications, London Rail

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller Space is limited

Old December 16th 08, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tristan Miller wrote:
From Friday, 2 January 2009 all London Overground trains will use the
newly built platforms 1 and 2, at the far north of the station next to
Platform 12.

How did they contrive to end up with platforms 1 and 2 next to platform 12?!

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.
Old December 16th 08, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
et...
Tristan Miller wrote:
From Friday, 2 January 2009 all London Overground trains will use the
newly built platforms 1 and 2, at the far north of the station next to
Platform 12.

How did they contrive to end up with platforms 1 and 2 next to platform
12?!

It's a slight improvement on having 1 and 2 next to 13 to 15.

Old December 16th 08, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Dec, 22:47, Colin McKenzie wrote:

Tristan Miller wrote:
From Friday, 2 January 2009 all London Overground trains will use the
newly built platforms 1 and 2, at the far north of the station next to
Platform 12. *

How did they contrive to end up with platforms 1 and 2 next to platform 12?!

I've read elsewhere that the PIS at Stratford can't currently cope
with having platform numbers changed, so the same platform numbers are
simply being moved over from the old NLL platforms to the new. One
very much that any PIS problems will be sorted out and all the
platforms will be renumbered as things develop at Stratford station.
Old December 17th 08, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 16, 12:04*pm, Tristan Miller
wrote:
Greetings.

Today I received the following e-mail from TfL. *I was wondering if
everyone on their mailing list got this message, or if they sent it only
to those people whose Oyster card data shows regular trips to Stratford.
Does anyone know if TfL uses Oyster travel data to target its mailings in
this manner?

I have not received any such mail (as I told a person by your name
yesterday
evening in the pub). I use Stratford station infrequently - I think
possibly only
twice in the last 3 months.

--
Abi