Old December 19th 08, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default london_from_above_at_night.html

On 19 Dec, 21:08, wrote:

(Mizter T) wrote:

On 19 Dec, 15:46, "John Rowland"

(snip)

So, like all good rules it is proved by its exception.

Is there really a rule about no circuses in South London? Along with
St George's Circus, I can think of Royal Circus, Culling Circus,
York Circus, Charleville Circus and Queens Circus.

There be no such rule!

And when it comes to Circuses of the big-top variety, there have been
plenty - for example the (rather upmarket) Moscow State Circus was on
Blackheath recently - and I've even been to see a few of their shows
too!

They don't come to Putney Heath any more, [...]

Shame!

[...] but we weren't referring to that kind of circus anyway.

Hence my specific reference to "Circuses of the big-top variety". I'm
not quite sure where the rule is that says you can't veer wildly off-
topic in here... apart perhaps from in the newsgroup charter!

Old December 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 19 Dec, 21:08, wrote:
(Mizter T) wrote:

[...]

Well we do get circuses of the big top variety on Peckham Rye, Zippo's
has been there during the last 12 months, can't quite remember when as I
do not really pay too much attention to them these days.
We also a few "festivals" of various kinds, you know the kind, loads of
stalls selling rubbish food and loads of booze and loud music.
However about 30 years ago I used to work in the college at the Elephant,
long before it became a university and I can assure you that at that time,
when there was a DHSS office upstairs to the shopping centre, the whole area
was a circus in its own right, indeed the shopping centre was like a 2
storey
big top. Those were the days.

--
Martin

replies to newsgroup only please.
Old December 20th 08, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Dec 18, 3:00 am, Mizter T wrote:
And why on earth aren't there any Circuses at the Elephant?

The presence of Elephants, Lions or Clowns at Circuses in London
is forbidden by Law,

--
Abi
Old December 20th 08, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Abigail Brady wrote:

On Dec 18, 3:00 am, Mizter T wrote:
And why on earth aren't there any Circuses at the Elephant?

The presence of Elephants, Lions or Clowns at Circuses in London is
forbidden by Law,

Brilliant. So now all we have to do is get City Hall redesignated as a
circus ...

tom

--
Beware! Inside pie, there are chickens, gamecubes, Moltres, Raichu,
and bacteria(in a good way!) -- Wikipedia