Old February 11th 09, 01:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Ebbsfleet horse play

On 11 Feb, 12:12, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 11 Feb, 10:37, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Nah, definitely not - the thing is totally solid and completely over-
engineered, just as big things like that should be.

Whoosh!

I don't get why Mitzer T brought up Great Heck. Why now?

Lightbulb... ding!

Old February 11th 09, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:14:35 +0000, Mike wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:59:15 -0000, "Mortimer" wrote:

"DerekF" wrote in message

"Lüko Willms" wrote in message
Am Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:17 UTC, schrieb Mizter T
auf uk.railway quoting BBC:

His design for the public art commission will see a horse standing on
all four hooves at 33 times life-size.

If the horse is 33 times life size, imagine the quantity of droppings it
will produce...

....and the size of the rhubarb

Thank goodness cows don't fly.
Old February 11th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, John Rowland wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

I'm sure people will scoff, but my take on it is 'why not?'.

In some parts of the country they put up wind turbines which are useful but
ugly, in other parts of the country they put up giant horses which are
pretty but useless.

I really like wind turbines! I think they're beautful!

The farm off the coast of Rhyl is particularly nice.

Can't they cover the horse in slots and put wind turbines inside it? If
the people of Ebbsfleet ended up with something which is both pretty and
useful, it would give them a reason to be proud of it rather than
slightly embarrassed about it.

Global warming flood refuge?

tom

--
Annoying others means you are wise; it is when you annoy yourself that
you are truly enlightened. -- The Bullet Proof Monk
Old February 12th 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

I'm sure people will scoff, but my take on it is 'why not?'.

In some parts of the country they put up wind turbines which are useful but
ugly, in other parts of the country they put up giant horses which are
pretty but useless.

I really like wind turbines! I think they're beautful!

The farm off the coast of Rhyl is particularly nice.

A radioactive offshore waste dump topped by a favela, surrounded by
blue algae and a sewage slick would look nice compared to Rhyl. Along
with New Brighton it's one of the most run down and depression coastal
locations I've ever seen.

james may voice

Farty useless highly subsidised wind turbine fact:

The building of the wind farm did bugger all for the local economy
either in the short term or the long term.

Old February 13th 09, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"DerekF" wrote in message

"Lüko Willms" wrote in message
Am Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:32:17 UTC, schrieb Mizter T
auf uk.railway quoting BBC:

His design for the public art commission will see a horse standing on
all four hooves at 33 times life-size.

If the horse is 33 times life size, imagine the quantity of droppings it
will produce...

....and the size of the rhubarb

Thank goodness cows don't fly.

The farmer would get a pat on the head.

Old February 13th 09, 06:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

I'm sure people will scoff, but my take on it is 'why not?'.

In some parts of the country they put up wind turbines which are useful but
ugly, in other parts of the country they put up giant horses which are
pretty but useless.

I really like wind turbines! I think they're beautful!

The farm off the coast of Rhyl is particularly nice.

A radioactive offshore waste dump topped by a favela, surrounded by blue
algae and a sewage slick would look nice compared to Rhyl. Along with
New Brighton it's one of the most run down and depression coastal
locations I've ever seen.

Yeah, Rhyl's not so great. But when you're looking at the wind farm, you
can't see Rhyl, because you're standing on the waterfront in Rhyl, looking
out to sea. So it doesn't really come into it.

tom

--
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!