Old October 1st 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail and Maryland

Got a response about this from the Crossrail team, so thought I'd post it
here. Not quite sure which services will continue to serve Maryland, as I
would have thought longer distance ones would be a bit frustrated to have to
stop again so close to Stratford, but there you are...

Jonn

Old October 2nd 03, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As you noted, Crossrail line 1 does not intend to stop
at Maryland, the station will continue to be served by
other train services to/from Liverpool St station.

I don't believe that for one minute! They must be planning to close it,
along with South Acton.

Irén Dibble-Szücs

Blimey!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 3rd 03, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...

As you noted, Crossrail line 1 does not intend to stop
at Maryland, the station will continue to be served by
other train services to/from Liverpool St station.

I don't believe that for one minute! They must be planning to close it,
along with South Acton.

Irén Dibble-Szücs

Blimey!

Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on crossrail - I'm
sure earlier proposals had it listed. Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

Dan
Old October 3rd 03, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote:

When I read it the first time, I read it as "Dribble", and presumed
Jonn was playing silly buggers

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Old October 3rd 03, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

dan wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on crossrail - I'm
sure earlier proposals had it listed. Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

I would be strongly against closing Acton Main Line.

It is used far less than the nearby North Acton - but I'm sure this
would quickly change if it was given frequent trains through to Central
London. The present service is half-hourly. It should be a Crossrail
stop - the walking route to North Acton is horrible.

[But a North London Line interchange in the same general area would be
even better.]

Colin McKenzie

Old October 3rd 03, 11:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"dan" wrote in message
m...

Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on
crossrail - I'm sure earlier proposals had it listed.
Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

Yes, if it closed, Acton would only have 6 stations left.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 4th 03, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on
crossrail - I'm sure earlier proposals had it listed.
Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

Yes, if it closed, Acton would only have 6 stations left.

True, but slightly unfair - the area is about half that encompassed by
the circle line, and only one of the 7 stations is any kind of
interchange even though 5 different lines are involved.

Colin McKenzie
Old October 4th 03, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin McKenzie" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:
Isn't Acton South on NLL? Acton Mainline is the one on
crossrail - I'm sure earlier proposals had it listed.
Would be a shame if it closed as
its in an area with pretty sparse transport links.

Yes, if it closed, Acton would only have 6 stations left.

True, but slightly unfair - the area is about half that encompassed by
the circle line, and only one of the 7 stations is any kind of
interchange even though 5 different lines are involved.

Tell that to someone who lives in Camberwell...

Jonn