Old April 14th 09, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Default Cyclists allowed to run red lights?

Marz wrote:
On Apr 14, 3:14 pm, Adrian wrote:
Marz gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I'm a cyclist, but am more than willing to shoulder charge any cyclist
who cycles across a crossing while I have the green man.
Risky, I'm 16 stone and I average 20-21mph on the road. You don't want
to shoulder charge me mate!

And you'd cycle through a red light and across a pedestrian crossing
being used by pedestrians without even slowing?

No, prat.

You really are a completely and utterly antisocial ****, aren't you?

Actually yes, but that has nothing to do with how I ride my bike,
****!

Let's hope that the person who does get in your way is not a little old
lady, but a large healtyh fit bloke who's doing so deliberately - because
you're going to hit the ground VERY hard indeed.

See answer to your first stupid question, arsehole!

Typical attitude of a typical cyclist.

--
Tony the Dragon

Old April 14th 09, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, MIG wrote:

On Apr 14, 7:38*pm, "Graculus"
wrote:
Boris's latest mad-cap idea:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...7998687.stmand other sources.

So, the idea is that this allows cyclists to move off before lorries and
thus not get trapped/killed when they move off and turn left. And it is
cited that 13 deaths occurred because of this. What they fail to say is how
many cyclists would be killed when they see the red light as a proverbial
"green light" to run the red without paying any attention to what's
approaching from their right and get subsequently hit by some other vehicle
crossing the junction on green. I'm sure they would be meant to give way,
blah blah blah, but would that happen in reality?

Quite barmy!

Cyclists are used to looking out for people who are trying to kill them,
given that that seems to be just about everybody, so it's a safe bet
that they would be paying attention.

What, like the guy i almost mowed down on my way to work this morning,
when he rode out from a side road onto the roundabout i was going round?
All too many cyclists pay little to no attention to the world around them.

tom

--
I prefer gin now sleep doesn't want me anyway.
Old April 14th 09, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

neverwas wrote:
It seems reasonable to me. Though if they restrict it to cyclists,
the usual whinging will come from the motoring lobby who get ****ed
off when they don't have equal rights to cyclists.

The answer is, get a bike. And STFU :-)

And the other part of that answer is for pedestrians to be allowed by
law to carry golfing umbrellas, stout walking sticks etc and to insert
them in the spokes of the wheels of cyclists who jump the lights, ride
on pavements etc. After all, the cyclists in question can't possibly
believe that it would do them any harm as they make clear they believe
they are a superior race.

It'd do wonders for the economy as well: just think of all those job
vacancies created!

You forget to mention that the walking stick should go into the front
wheel, the resulting turnover can be quite satisfying.

--
Tony the Dragon
Old April 14th 09, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:55:36 GMT someone who may be "neverwas"
wrote this:-

And the other part of that answer is for pedestrians to be allowed by
law to carry golfing umbrellas, stout walking sticks etc and to insert
them in the spokes of the wheels of cyclists who jump the lights, ride
on pavements etc.

I take it that you would also allow cyclists to fit short lances to
their bikes to deal with pedestrians and motorists who fail to obey
the law?

That would be the pedestrians that have to dodge the cyclist going
through red lights at pedestrian crossings.

--
Tony the Dragon
Old April 14th 09, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

On Apr 14, 4:13*pm, Adrian wrote:
Marz gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I'm a cyclist, but am more than willing to shoulder charge any
cyclist who cycles across a crossing while I have the green man.
Risky, I'm 16 stone and I average 20-21mph on the road. You don't
want to shoulder charge me mate!
And you'd cycle through a red light and across a pedestrian crossing
being used by pedestrians without even slowing?

No, prat.

sigh
A sig separator should be dash dash space, not a comma.

You really are a completely and utterly antisocial ****, aren't you?

Actually yes

Thought so.

but that has nothing to do with how I ride my bike, ****!

Once again, that's dash dash space.

Let's hope that the person who does get in your way is not a little old
lady, but a large healtyh fit bloke who's doing so deliberately -
because you're going to hit the ground VERY hard indeed.

See answer to your first stupid question, arsehole!

See? You've really not got the hang of this sig sep lark, have you?

Would that be the answer where you either showed your previous comment to
be a complete non-sequitur or tried desperately to back-track when you
realised what a tit you'd made yourself look?

No back-tracking here. pk suggested attacking a cyclist breaking the
law, I pointed out that if he tried that with me it's not going to
good for him.

You jumped to the conclusion that I do jump lights at busy crossings
and I'm pointing out you're wrong.

Why is it ok to attack someone breaking a law that doesn't involve
your own person?

Old April 14th 09, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Adrian wrote:

Let's hope that the person who does get in your way is not a little old
lady, but a large healtyh fit bloke who's doing so deliberately - because
you're going to hit the ground VERY hard indeed.

Some Lycra loon tried to run down somebody I know who works in the City
a few years ago. The Lycra loon came off worst in the encounter, despite
thinking at the time that he was big enough and hard enough to
intimidate a man in a suit.

I think it's about time that pedestrians claimed our space back from
these louts. I had one of them shouting at me on Sunday as he tried to
ride me down on the pavement in Camden. He got very ****ed off when I
weaved to block his path but ended up having to get off the pavement and
into the road where he belonged.

We did however have to do through the phases of "tinkle tinkle", "Oy Get
Out Of My Way!" and "**** OFF OUT OF THE ****ING WAY" before the penny
dropped that I didn't give a toss about how loud he shouted. How do the
******* cope with the deaf, do they just ride them down regardless?
Old April 14th 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Steve Firth wrote:
Adrian wrote:

[...]

A cyclist in the City, you need to ask?

--
Tony the Dragon
Old April 14th 09, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Marz wrote:

No back-tracking here.

How do you get a bicycle to go forwards at 20mph when you spend all your
time back-pedalling?

pk suggested attacking a cyclist breaking the law, I pointed out that if
he tried that with me it's not going to good for him.

Yes... errm you've never got the hang of this "logic" thing have you?

You jumped to the conclusion that I do jump lights at busy crossings

No, you admitted that you jump lights at crossings, and you've done it
again up there. (points).

You see "pk" referred to shouldering any cyclist who cycles across a
crossing while he had the green man. That is, when the cyclist would
encounter a red light. If you and he were on the crossing in the
circumstances mentioned then you would have jumped the lights at
crossings.

**** me, do they all end up as Dumb as this "Marz" ****? What do they
do, tighten up nuts by banging them with their head?

and I'm pointing out you're wrong.

You and that logic thing again, strangers forever.

Why is it ok to attack someone breaking a law that doesn't involve
your own person?

Who said any such thing? Some **** cycling at me on a crossing does
affect my person, as does the same type of brainless **** using the
pavement as an express cycleway.

And don't try to come the innocent on this, you've alread shown your
real attitude. And quelle surprise it's the standard "**** on
pedestrians" crap I've come to expect from two-wheeled scum.

Old April 14th 09, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

Marz wrote:
On Apr 14, 4:13 pm, Adrian wrote:
[...]

Well I dont want to put words in pk's mouth and I'm sure he's perfectly
capable of answering for himself, but I think his comment about
'attacking' cyclists who break the law is a response to the widely-held
and oft-spoken view in URC that cyclists should be permitted to
vandalise cars the drivers of which have allegedly put them at risk. So:
cyclist feels at risk from car = justified in attacking car (apparently).
ped feels at risk from cyclist = justified in attacking cyclist. See?
All makes sense now
Old April 14th 09, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport

In message
,
Marz writes
You really are a completely and utterly antisocial ****, aren't you?

Actually yes, but that has nothing to do with how I ride my bike,
****!

Let's hope that the person who does get in your way is not a little old
lady, but a large healtyh fit bloke who's doing so deliberately - because
you're going to hit the ground VERY hard indeed.

See answer to your first stupid question, arsehole!

As has already been pointed out, it only takes a little old man like me
to nudge your handlebars and your momentum will do my work for me, very
nicely thanks.
--
Clive