Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd 09, 05:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default SouthEastern HS1 Trial Service Finally Announced

On 2 June, 23:36, wrote:
On Jun 2, 10:14*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 2, 7:34 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

[snip quoted text]

While we're doing tickets for this preview service does anyone know
whether Railcard and Privilege discounts will apply? I did try to
conjure up a journey for the new service on South Eastern's site and
also National Rail but neither had any record of the departures and
therefore the fares couldn't be displayed.

Fares wise, the route is being interwoven into the national network -
basically it will become the new "Any Permitted" route (and route AP
tickets will thus carry the HS1 premium), whilst there will be new
route "not HS1" fares (that won't attract the premium). In this
context national Railcard discounts will surely apply on the HS
service - though whether the (SE England-only) Network Railcard will
be valid is perhaps less clear (bearing in mind that it's not a
'statutory' railcard, it's an opt-in arrangement for the TOCs).

The Kent franchise ITT (we've quoted it on the premium %ages before) simply
goes on, (following the bit about 'No travelcards') *to state:

"All Railcards (e.g. senior citizen) will be accepted at the appropriate
level of discount."

There is nothing about PRIV discounts either way, AFAICS...

Paul S- Hide quoted text -

Reply today from Travel Facilities to my recent enquiry was that the
matter was still subject to negociations and the outcome would be
posted on ATOC site as normal.
JohnG- Hide quoted text -

I have read on another forum that the only staff (current or retired)
welcome on HS1 will be the ones paying the full non discounted fare.
If this should be the case then any support I had for this venture
will disappear very quickly and I will look forward to its failing!