Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default SouthEastern HS1 Trial Service Finally Announced

On 3 June, 22:11, wrote:
I have had a reply to me query about Britrail Vailidity on the HS1
preview services (that's **Britrail validity**)services. You're going
to enjoy the reply:

Dear Mr J Smith (still not my name)

Thank you for your website comment dated 1 June, concerning our high
speed preview service.

I can confirm that there is no free or reduced rate travel for rail
staff (including those with Britrail Flexi-passes) on our high speed
preview service. However, we're currently finalising the policy with
the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC) and Rail Staff
Travel about our high speed services.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely

David Geraghty

Customer Relations Officer

Southeastern

I am of course left still wondering what happens if, like me, you're
not ex-staff with a Britrail pass!

tf

I of course wonder why this ban on railway staff using the service is
in place. To me it, a humble railway employee, it makes no sense
whatsoever and could quite easily signal the demise of staff travel
discounts which have been in place for decades. It is of course also
worth noting that it doesn't do much to encourage use of the train by
employees of the company who operate it!

Like I said, any support I would have had for the HS1 venture is now
gone. If you wish to **** on your own by not letting them use your
service, discounted at least, then you do not deserve to succeed in my
opinion!!