Old June 13th 09, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Vic Line 09 Stock

On Jun 3, 10:39*pm, Barry Salter wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
I see from an internal LU publication that the 09 Stock now has a M-F
train path between Seven Sisters and Brixton and that the first
scheduled run was on 1 June 2009. *I don't know if it did run on that
date but if it did it didn't conk out and affect the public train
service as there was no report of a disruption to the service.

On a similar note, I saw the 67TS "test train" at Finsbury Park
(Southbound) one day last week. It was sat in the platform for ages, and
even with the saloon lights off, doors being closed, it being full of
equipment, and vinyls on the doors and windows saying it was a test
train...people *still* tried to board it!

I'm guessing the weekend closures at the moment are for more testing,
rather than upgrade work: this morning, I spotted a regular 67TS train
pull into Finsbury Park and sit there for a while. (The platform was
cordoned off, so no chance of anyone trying to board it this time)
Has the track and signalling work finished for now?

Old June 14th 09, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]

How similar will the new signalling system on the Victoria Line be to that
on the Central Line? Will the '09 trains have certain codes, such as well
fully, which the Central line uses? I notice that the Victoria Line doesn't
have that when passing a closed station -- instead, the train comes to a
complete halt and the driver has to restart it.