Old June 16th 09, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Every station within the Travelcard area?

"Dr. Sunil" wrote:

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

If we're allowing 'passing through' as visited, I believe my only gaps are
the DLR Woolwich extension, the Shepperton branch stations within Greater
London, and a handful of curves, eg Slade Green. And HS1.

I have an ongoing project to do each TfL bus route, end to end, which of
course I will never complete because the network changes faster than I can
cross off routes.

Chris

Old June 16th 09, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr. Sunil wrote:
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

I've been to or passed through every (active!) station, though not got
off at them all.

Bother, just realised there is now T5 - I went there on a tour when it
was being built, but not by train!

Further afield I "did" Strood - Maidstone West at the weekend, which I
think was the last "normal" route in SC and SE-land I needed, give or
take some odd curves and the like. I now need to find a reason to go to
Bicester and Henley.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old June 17th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 June, 21:41, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

I remember reading your account of visiting every station on this
newsgroup many years ago :-)

I have passed through every station in London although I didn't get off
at every station.

Peter Smyth

Hi! Yes that was me, but back then it was a case of passing *through*
everything within the Travelcard area (ie. all *routes*), and I lacked
a camera of my own!

Just to set the record straight:

calendar years:
1994-5 - routes within Travelcard Zone 4 boundary
1996-7 - ditto (except East London Line, closed until early 1998)
1998 - East London
1999-2000 - routes within Travelcard Zone 6 boundary, plus routes out
to the M25 (eg. Staines/Purfleet/Radlett/Woldingham) that summer
2008-9 - all stations within Travelcard Zone 6 boundary, plus Zones 7,
8, 9. Additionally, 32 out of 40 stations out to the M25 done as of
17/6/09.
Old June 17th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 June, 20:55, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:34:15 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Sunil"

wrote:
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

I have done most of the tube network in terms of riding the lines.
Haven't done the Chesham branch. I certainly can't claim to have visited
every LU station but I have done a decent proportion of them. Some of
them I even helped design - beat that then!

I have done all of Tramlink but not every stop individually. *Same for
DLR barring very recent track changes in one or two places.

National Rail coverage has gaps in terms of lines covered and certainly
in terms of visiting stations - South East London would be the biggest
gap.

Just to turn the tables a bit how many London Bus Routes have you
travelled on?

--
Paul C

Um, not too many to be fair, even though I made a couple of picture
contributions to www.londonbusroutes.net .
I have never kept a record, but these would include my local routes
25,66,86,123,128,147,150,167,169,179,247,296,364,3 66,369,396,462. Plus
the ones I can remember!
2,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,19,22,23,27,28,30,31,3 4,38,55,58,62,65,68,70,73,74,101,
104,
105,111,114,115,140,173,174,175,221,236,240,241,24 2,251,276,285,287,300,302,303,307,308,372,376,383, 387,414,473,474,555,S2,W3,W15,

Old June 17th 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

oops: also 344, 345, 57 I think
Old June 20th 09, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

If we're allowing just passing through, then I've done every LU and DLR
station. I've done some of the odd bits (e.g. the Watford North curve)
on tours. Of the closed LU network, I've done Quainton Road, Verney
Junction (by train, not just on foot), and the Ongar and Aldwych
branches (on the same day).

I've certainly done most of the rail network within the Travelcard area,
though I can't swear I've done every last section without digging out
notes that I can't be bothered to right now.

I've done all of Tramlink except going into the depot.

I don't track bus usage.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org
Old June 25th 09, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20 June, 15:23, "Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
[...]

As of Monday, I have now done all the 36 stations within the M25 but
outside zone 6 too. Oh well, guess there's the new South Quay, as well
as Imperial Wharf and the new ELL and DLR stations to look forward to
within the next year!
Old June 25th 09, 02:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 25, 2:20*pm, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

As of Monday, I have now done all the 36 stations within the M25 but
outside zone 6 too. Oh well, guess there's the new South Quay, as well
as Imperial Wharf and the new ELL and DLR stations to look forward to
within the next year!

You could walk all the disused lines as well (or at least as much as
is possible)...