Old July 11th 09, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Long Stay Car Parks At Uxbridge Tube Station

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are any long stay car parks at, or near
Uxbridge tube station and how much they cost?

Thanks.

Old July 12th 09, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Maskell wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are any long stay car parks at, or near
Uxbridge tube station and how much they cost?

Thanks.

Uxbridge station itself doesn't have a car park. However,
Uxbridge town centre has the multi-storey carparks attached to
The Mall and Chimes shopping centres:

http://www.themall.co.uk/my-mall/uxbridge/parking.aspx
http://www.thechimes.uk.com/parking_at_the_centre.htm

The Chimes car park is open longer, is cleaner and more spacious, and
for longer stays has the advantage of being pay on exit with the option
of paying with cards or notes - the car parks attached to The Mall are
pay and display and the ticket machines are coin only (or at least were
the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago - there appeared
to be new machines covered up next to each of the old ones...). From
any of these car parks it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the station.

Behind the station there's a Sainsburys with a fairly large pay and
display car park. There doesn't seem to be a price list online and I
can't remember what it cost last time I parked there, but it's another
option:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shopping...ore.htm?id=603

Whilst any of these are OK for longer stays on a single day, I wouldn't
recommend them if you're looking to leave your car somewhere for several
days at a time. If that's what you're after, then you might want to
consider the car park next to Hillingdon station (one stop up the line
from Uxbridge):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tube...s/default.aspx

Alternatively, if you don't mind a bit of a bus/taxi ride to get to and
from your car, then Heathrow Airport isn't all that far from Uxbridge,
and offers a variety of parking options for various lengths of stay...

HTH
Chris

Old July 12th 09, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 12, 9:17*pm, Chris wrote:

Paul Maskell wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are any long stay car parks at, or near
Uxbridge tube station and how much they cost?

Thanks.

[snip various helpful suggestions]

Whilst any of these are OK for longer stays on a single day, I wouldn't
recommend them if you're looking to leave your car somewhere for several
days at a time. *If that's what you're after, then you might want to
consider the car park next to Hillingdon station (one stop up the line
from Uxbridge):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tube...s/default.aspx

We had a lengthy discussion on uk.railway which featured Hillingdon
station car park prominently (my gosh, that makes it sound like a
great plot, doesn't it?!) - the general view was that it gets full up
quite quickly in the morning with commuters parkers.

FWIW, I've just teased the following prices out of the NCP website for
Hillingdon LU station car park (the way it's formatted on the NCP
website is dire):

---quote---
Daily tariffs

Saturday £ 1.00
All Weekend £ 2.00
1 Day £ 3.70
2 Days £ 7.40
3 Days £ 11.10
4 Days £ 14.80
5 Days £ 18.50
W/E Plus 5 Days £ 20.50
Sat Plus 5 Days £ 19.50
---/quote---

Alternatively, if you don't mind a bit of a bus/taxi ride to get to and
from your car, then Heathrow Airport isn't all that far from Uxbridge,
and offers a variety of parking options for various lengths of stay...

There's also the route A40 bus, which is operated by Carousel Buses
(it's *not* a TfL service), which provides a non-stop service between
Heathrow and Uxbridge (before continuing on to High Wycombe). More
info:
http://www.carouselbuses.com/a40.html

(Is it helpful or a hindrance to name it/number it after the road it
largely runs along, I wonder?)

Western Congestion Charge Zone to stay next a reprieve for bendybuses? trainmanUK London Transport 4 September 23rd 09 08:51 PM
stay on or get off? MarkVarley - MVP London Transport 8 January 31st 09 05:08 PM
Car Parks London Transport 4 April 5th 07 07:10 AM
advice please - pool inside M25 for tour team stay jtaylor London Transport 3 March 11th 05 05:57 PM
Cost of two weeks stay in London Chan WK London Transport 11 May 22nd 04 09:48 AM