Old August 17th 09, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:28:33 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
I'd like to invite you to go to Google Maps, find Beulah Road in
Thornton Heath (postcode CR7 8JH), take a screenshot, and then using the
graphics package of your choice, mark where the fences are. Cos I live
there, and I'm buggered if I can spot them.

I posted a google streetview link for an unfenced road between some farmland
last week which took me about 3 minutes to find. Funnily enough he went all
silent after that.

B2003

Old August 17th 09, 01:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bruce gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Can't say I expected anything better from the same halfwit who tried
to convince uk.railway that every road in britain is fenced.
Even though they are. You just wanted to put your own, very strange
personal slant on the word "fenced" and got yourself totally confused.

I'd like to invite you to go to Google Maps, find Beulah Road in
Thornton Heath (postcode CR7 8JH), take a screenshot, and then using the
graphics package of your choice, mark where the fences are. Cos I live
there, and I'm buggered if I can spot them.

As it's an open plan estate, it is unfenced.

Exactly.

The issue of open plan was discussed early on in the other thread. Do
keep up!

What "other thread"?

Oh, and perhaps you'd care to consider the common in my town which runs
straight up to the side of several roads, including a main A-road within
about half a mile of a major motorway junction, without being any kind of
"open plan estate"?

And please don't bother replying, as I have no intention of responding
to any further obtuse comments on the subject.

In other words "I know I'm wrong, and that this is a REALLY lame attempt
at weaselling out of it"
Old August 17th 09, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 17, 6:05*am, Adrian wrote:
[...]

Napoleon has spoken. Regardless of the opinions that any may have on
this matter, he has had the last word. By order of the emperor you
must refrain from posting further on this matter.

LOL

Old August 18th 09, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I'd like to invite you to go to Google Maps, find Beulah Road in
Thornton Heath (postcode CR7 8JH), take a screenshot, and then using the
graphics package of your choice, mark where the fences are. Cos I live
there, and I'm buggered if I can spot them.

As it's an open plan estate, it is unfenced. The issue of open plan
was discussed early on in the other thread. Do keep up!

I have no idea what you mean by "open plan estate". Certainly not
anything that matches any of the four common meanings of "estate" -
those being: a large parcel of land owned by a single person; a modern
development of ugly little houses; a type of car; the entire property of
a person.

And please don't bother replying, as I have no intention of responding
to any further obtuse comments on the subject.

Ahh, the "I can't defend my arguments so shall declare my opponent to be
an imbecile" trick.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

While researching this email, I was forced to carry out some
investigative work which unfortunately involved a bucket of
puppies and a belt sander
-- after JoeB, in the Monastery
Old August 18th 09, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:36:53
on Tue, 18 Aug 2009, David Cantrell remarked:
As it's an open plan estate, it is unfenced. The issue of open plan
was discussed early on in the other thread. Do keep up!

I have no idea what you mean by "open plan estate". Certainly not
anything that matches any of the four common meanings of "estate" -
those being: a large parcel of land owned by a single person; a modern
development of ugly little houses; a type of car; the entire property of
a person.

What? It's quite clearly the housing development. And it depends what
you mean by "modern". I was brought up on one, built in the 60's with
quite large houses by 21st Century standards, and it was prohibited to
fence your front gardens (if you had a corner plot, you were allowed a
fence at the side, but not one that was nearer the pavement than the
edge of your house).
Old August 17th 09, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 17 Aug, 18:49, "Richard J." wrote:
David Cantrell wrote on 17 August 2009 12:28:33 *...

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 04:15:22PM +0100, Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:38:02 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:
Can't say I expected anything better from the same halfwit who tried to
convince uk.railway that every road in britain is fenced.
Even though they are. *You just wanted to put your own, very strange
personal slant on the word "fenced" and got yourself totally confused.

I'd like to invite you to go to Google Maps, find Beulah Road in
Thornton Heath (postcode CR7 8JH), take a screenshot, and then using the
graphics package of your choice, mark where the fences are. *Cos I live
there, and I'm buggered if I can spot them.

Huh? *I put that postcode into Google Maps and clicked on Street View
for the location. It shows a house (51 Beulah Road) with a wooden fence
in front of it.

I've understood at last. There is a wide world consisting of Tony/
Bruce's house. Everything else is fenced-off from it.

A bit like the island newspaper headline "Mainland cut off".