Old September 29th 09, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kingsway Tramway

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. See http://measure.org.uk/measurenews.html for details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Peter Smyth

Old October 1st 09, 07:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 Sep, 18:03, "Peter Smyth" wrote:
The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfor details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Peter Smyth

Thanks for this

I have been wanting to see this for ages

First time missed cause I had to work
Last time Open House a few years ago booked out

Cheers

Phil
Old October 1st 09, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 1, 8:33*am, wrote:
On 29 Sep, 18:03, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfordetails on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Peter Smyth

Thanks for this

I have been wanting to see this for ages

First time missed cause I had to work
Last time Open House a few years ago booked out

Cheers

Phil

Would you be able to do what everyone who posts here actually wants to
do, or would you be restricted to standing an looking at the guy's
artwork?

Neill
Old October 1st 09, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Neill wrote:

On Oct 1, 8:33*am, wrote:
On 29 Sep, 18:03, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfordetails on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Thanks for this

I have been wanting to see this for ages

First time missed cause I had to work
Last time Open House a few years ago booked out

Would you be able to do what everyone who posts here actually wants to
do

Run up and down making ghostly tram noises?

tom

--
Most people lose their talent at puberty. I lost mine in my early
twenties. I began to think of children not as immature adults, but of
Old October 1st 09, 10:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfor details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Do they want money for that? (says me, who just booked two tickets)

Old October 1st 09, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Neill wrote:

On Oct 1, 8:33 am, wrote:
On 29 Sep, 18:03, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct -
8th Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfordetails on
how to book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look
at as well.

Thanks for this

I have been wanting to see this for ages

First time missed cause I had to work
Last time Open House a few years ago booked out

Would you be able to do what everyone who posts here actually wants
to do

Run up and down making ghostly tram noises?

Don't run - it's dangerous when carrying scissors.

Old October 2nd 09, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
Alex wrote:
The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfor details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as well.

Do they want money for that? (says me, who just booked two tickets)

I went to one of those "art" exhibitions in the tunnels about 7 years ago.
Was very interesting. The tunnels that is. The art was the usual standard
issue pile of talentless garbage with self justifying pretentious BS written
on cards nearby trying to "explain" the pieces that you'd expect from
undergraduate art students (ie students who are too thick to do a degree that
actually involves thinking or learning anything).

B2003

Old October 2nd 09, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I went to one of those "art" exhibitions in the tunnels about 7 years ago.
Was very interesting. The tunnels that is. The art was the usual standard
issue pile of talentless garbage with self justifying pretentious BS written
on cards nearby trying to "explain" the pieces that you'd expect from
undergraduate art students (ie students who are too thick to do a degree that
actually involves thinking or learning anything).

I suspect that vast majority of people will be there not for the
"art". Heck, I'm quite ready to pretend that I'm looking at the
strings just to get there!
Old October 9th 09, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Peter Smyth" wrote in message

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. See http://measure.org.uk/measurenews.html for details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to look at as
well.

Thanks for the alert. I went this lunch time, and here's some of the
pics I took:
www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/sets/72157622549498612/detail

They've cleared the northern part of the tunnel for this installation,
with most of the stored material moved further south. The installation
is a bit south of the old Holborn station, and you can't go much beyond
it. It's much bigger than I expected, and makes good use of the tunnel
size. It has its own wooden tracks and doesn't make any use of the old
tram tracks.

There's also the remains of some of the props for the Escapist film,
including a Union Street Tube station sign (which has the wrong fonts --
I wonder if they weren't allowed to use the right one?). There's also
an old Tube map on Holborn station, dating perhaps from the early
post-war period?

kingsway tram and the central line lonelytraveller London Transport 11 January 21st 09 05:54 PM
Old tramway visible in Streatham John Rowland London Transport 5 December 20th 04 08:42 PM
Kingsway Tram Subway open to the general public MetroGnome London Transport 49 May 22nd 04 07:02 PM
What? Kingsway underpass? Simon Harvey London Transport 2 May 22nd 04 06:57 PM
London Tramway - Does anybody know persons to present the idea Mathias Boelckow London Transport 8 February 3rd 04 01:40 PM