Old October 3rd 09, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default City Thameslink overhead wires

On 3 Oct, 13:57, D7666 wrote:
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I think this exit is currently
really an emrgency entry/exit that finds temporary double use as a
peaks-only entry/exit; a permanent entry/exit is AIUI somewhere there,
maybe even the same location, but rebuilt, altered, whatever.

I think it was always intended as a crowding-relief exit.

There's going to be a new "Turnmill Street concourse", which amounts
to a new corridor connecting the current ticket office to the
interchange footbridge via the east side of the station, filling in
the gap between the station and the road. There will also be a
permanent new entrance, in exactly the same place as the temporary
one.

The interchange footbridge is permanent, although it will have its
canvas canopies removed once they extend the overall roof.

Old October 3rd 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
On 3 Oct, 13:57, D7666 wrote:
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I think this exit is currently
really an emrgency entry/exit that finds temporary double use as a
peaks-only entry/exit; a permanent entry/exit is AIUI somewhere there,
maybe even the same location, but rebuilt, altered, whatever.

I think it was always intended as a crowding-relief exit.

There's going to be a new "Turnmill Street concourse", which amounts
to a new corridor connecting the current ticket office to the
interchange footbridge via the east side of the station, filling in
the gap between the station and the road. There will also be a
permanent new entrance, in exactly the same place as the temporary
one.

The interchange footbridge is permanent, although it will have its
canvas canopies removed once they extend the overall roof.

There's something on this in the October issue of Modern Railways.

Regards

Jonathan

Old October 3rd 09, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Mr Thant wrote:
On 3 Oct, 13:57, D7666 wrote:
I'm not sure where I got this from, but I think this exit is
currently really an emrgency entry/exit that finds temporary double
use as a peaks-only entry/exit; a permanent entry/exit is AIUI
somewhere there, maybe even the same location, but rebuilt, altered,
whatever.

I think it was always intended as a crowding-relief exit.

There's going to be a new "Turnmill Street concourse", which amounts
to a new corridor connecting the current ticket office to the
interchange footbridge via the east side of the station, filling in
the gap between the station and the road. There will also be a
permanent new entrance, in exactly the same place as the temporary
one.

Thanks for the reminder Mr T. I've done some digging and the drawings are
available online via Islington's planning site, Case P081483, for anyone
interested. I don't think it's possible to link directly to pages within
online planning unfortunately.

Paul S