Old October 15th 09, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fares go up

Great.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...10-c-charge.do

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I wonder how much a hacked Oyster card costs...

B2003

Old October 15th 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 15, 9:52*am, wrote:
Great.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-huge-fare-ris...

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I wonder how much a hacked Oyster card costs...

B2003

I'm impressed you managed to get from "Tory ******* screws the idiots
who thought it'd be funny to vote for him" to "it's the union's fault"
in no moves.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old October 15th 09, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 15, 11:00*am, John B wrote:
On Oct 15, 9:52*am, wrote:

Great.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-huge-fare-ris...

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I wonder how much a hacked Oyster card costs...

B2003

I'm impressed you managed to get from "Tory ******* screws the idiots
who thought it'd be funny to vote for him" to "it's the union's fault"
in no moves.

Full details from TfL at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ote_151009.pdf

I wonder how much those bus fares would have gone up if Boris hadn't
been busy replacing all the bendy buses and inventing a new
Routemaster?
Old October 15th 09, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 03:04:09 -0700 (PDT), martin wrote:

Full details from TfL at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ote_151009.pdf

In a nutshell:

- 20% increase in all bus-only fares and tickets
- No increase in price of Travelcard seasons [1]
- PAYG Tube singles ratcheted up by the usual 20p or so [2]
- PAYG Tube caps no longer have a 50p "discount" over the paper ODTC
(i.e. they've gone up by at least 50p - though the new ODTC prices are
not given).

[1] Except the 2-zones-excluding-z1 Travelcard season, whose price
increases to maintain its differential over the Bus Pass season.
[2] Except the z1-4 and z1-6 fares, which see a bigger increase to
firmly reinstate the differentials between them and the z1-3 and z1-5
fares respectively.

I wonder how much those bus fares would have gone up if Boris hadn't
been busy replacing all the bendy buses and inventing a new
Routemaster?

Cynically, I'd say it's mostly irrelevant, as the revenue is not
hypothecated between transport modes. Rather, Boris is sticking firmly
to his Tory principles: of the fares he controls, the middle classes
are most likely to own Travelcard seasons and least likely to use
buses.
Old October 15th 09, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

asdf wrote:
[...]

That's a rather baffling use of the words "Tory principles"... if Boris
noticed that bus users were being subsidised by Travelcard season holders,
then ending that subsidy would be an application of Tory principles,
regardless of the class of the people using the different tickets. If he
just wanted to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, then he is a Tory
without principles.

Old October 15th 09, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 03:00:44 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:
On Oct 15, 9:52=A0am, wrote:
Great.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-huge-fare-ris...

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I wonder how much a hacked Oyster card costs...

B2003

I'm impressed you managed to get from "Tory ******* screws the idiots
who thought it'd be funny to vote for him" to "it's the union's fault"
in no moves.

Its obviously not all the unions fault, but those endless pay and working
hours demands will have had an impact. Though most of them seem to think money
grows on magic money trees so won't make the connection.

B2003

Old October 15th 09, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I'm impressed you managed to get from "Tory ******* screws the idiots
who thought it'd be funny to vote for him" to "it's the union's fault"
in no moves.

To be fair, he's some hours behind the first sighting of this particular
non-argument. 'The RMT don't operate buses, a single Oyster fare on
which has gone up 33%* since Boris took over' is probably the first of
many killer responses.

Tom

* Note that even the RMT aren't asking for 33%, they've rejected AFAIK
RPI+0.5%. Those Marxist *******s.
Old October 15th 09, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:32:37 +0100
Tom Barry wrote:
John B wrote:

I hope the RMT members are proud of their contribution to these rises.

I'm impressed you managed to get from "Tory ******* screws the idiots
who thought it'd be funny to vote for him" to "it's the union's fault"
in no moves.

To be fair, he's some hours behind the first sighting of this particular
non-argument. 'The RMT don't operate buses, a single Oyster fare on
which has gone up 33%* since Boris took over' is probably the first of
many killer responses.

The money to run the buses comesout of the same TfL pot as the tube so
more money spent on the tube in salaries and hiring more cover staff
will indirectly affect the buses.

* Note that even the RMT aren't asking for 33%, they've rejected AFAIK
RPI+0.5%. Those Marxist *******s.

Yeah , its perfectly reasonable to ask for a pay rise backed up by the threat
of a strike in a recession when unemployment is going through the roof isn't
it?

B2003

Old October 15th 09, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa..._Media_Briefin....

[...]

Eh? Tory principles = "enrich the wealthy; enrich the middle class
enough that they vote for us; screw the poor". Anyone who attempts to
suggest Tory principles encompass anything else is either a shill or
an idiot.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old October 15th 09, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:
On Oct 15, 1:25 pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
asdf wrote:

[...]