Old October 29th 09, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default South West Train Gold Service query

I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).

T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London Waterloo
or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and 1900
inclusive on Fridays".

I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

Thanks in advance.

Old October 29th 09, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).

T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London Waterloo
or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and 1900
inclusive on Fridays".

I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

Thanks in advance.

"...is not valid for travel from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction ..."
sounds clear to me.
It doesn't say "... is not valid for travel on trains departing from London
Waterloo or Clapham Junction between 1600 and 1900 ...".
--
David Biddulph

Old October 29th 09, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Biddulph" groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
news
Railist wrote:
I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).

T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London
Waterloo or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and
1900 inclusive on Fridays".

I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

Thanks in advance.

"...is not valid for travel from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction
..." sounds clear to me.
It doesn't say "... is not valid for travel on trains departing from
London Waterloo or Clapham Junction between 1600 and 1900 ...".

Would it not also be acceptable to start the journey on a train before
1600, and then change to the desired Exeter train further down the line
(ie, without paying for a ticket for either train)?

Old October 29th 09, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).

T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London

Waterloo
or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and 1900
inclusive on Fridays".

I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the

ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

"...is not valid for travel from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction

..."
sounds clear to me.
It doesn't say "... is not valid for travel on trains departing from

London
Waterloo or Clapham Junction between 1600 and 1900 ...".

And, if you can leave a little earlier, you could save buying a
additional ticket to Woking by taking the 1553 to Woking and picking up
the Exeter train there.

And if your query had been for the 1720 or 1820 an additional option is
to buy a ticket to Vauxhall and take a stopping train from Waterloo to
Woking.

--
Mike D

Old October 30th 09, 06:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
I want to use my SouthWest Trains Gold Service ticket on a Friday
afternoon. (This is the free weekend travel one).
T&C includes "This ticket is not valid for travel from London

Waterloo
or Clapham Junction on trains departing between 1600 and 1900
inclusive on Fridays".
I want to travel get the 1620 to Exeter Central from Waterloo.

Is the interpretation of the T&C that I can't travel using the

ticket
from Waterloo, but I could buy a ticket to Woking, then use my Gold
Pass from there? Or is it any train that starts from Waterloo/CLJ
between those times, no matter where on SWT I join?

"...is not valid for travel from London Waterloo or Clapham Junction

.."
sounds clear to me.
It doesn't say "... is not valid for travel on trains departing from

London
Waterloo or Clapham Junction between 1600 and 1900 ...".

And, if you can leave a little earlier, you could save buying a
additional ticket to Woking by taking the 1553 to Woking and picking up
the Exeter train there.

And if your query had been for the 1720 or 1820 an additional option is
to buy a ticket to Vauxhall and take a stopping train from Waterloo to
Woking.

--
Mike D

I don't finish work till after 3.30pm, and in fact, looks more like
5.30pm now...

Old November 2nd 09, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
[...]

Just had another thought... I have a Zones 1 - 3 Travelcard, so I can
get to boundary of Zone 3 on that - so I could then arguably use my
Gold Service ticket then, without purchasing a ticket to Woking...
Old November 10th 09, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Railist wrote:
[...]

Think my last message got caught up in the previous spam attack... so
I was wondering if anyone thinks my plan above would work.

That is,

Use my Travelcard Zones 1-3 on the 1820 from Waterloo.
Use my SWT Gold Service ticket from Boundary Zone 3... therefore
avoiding using the Gold part of the ticket on a train from Waterloo or
Clapham Junction between '1600hrs and 1900hrs'