Old November 9th 09, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Euston this morning

Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the ticket
hall was shut today. At 7.30 it was hell so goodness know what it was like
later. Can they think of any other ways to really inconvenience the
passengers. May be not run any trains on Sundays, oh hang on they are doing
that anyway.

Kevin

Old November 9th 09, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Zen83237 wrote:
Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the ticket
hall was shut today. At 7.30 it was hell so goodness know what it was like
later. Can they think of any other ways to really inconvenience the
passengers. May be not run any trains on Sundays, oh hang on they are doing
that anyway.

Kevin

It was still out of use at 3.00pm. However, the escalator down to the
Northern Line City branch was being tested this afternoon and I was told
that it might be put into service later in the day.

--
John Ray
Old November 9th 09, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 18:45:20 -0000, "Zen83237"
wrote:

Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the ticket
hall was shut today.

It was defective. (Sorry, don't have any more info than that)

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old November 10th 09, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 9 Nov, 21:36, John Ray wrote:
Zen83237 wrote:
Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the ticket
hall was shut today. At 7.30 it was hell so goodness know what it was like
later. Can they think of any other ways to really inconvenience the
passengers. May be not run any trains on Sundays, oh hang on they are doing
that anyway.

Kevin

It was still out of use at 3.00pm. However, the escalator down to the
Northern Line City branch was being tested this afternoon and I was told
that it might be put into service later in the day.

The latter was in use this evening (at last). I don't know about the
former, because I went in from platform 11, but no obvious signs of
chaos.
Old November 11th 09, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Ray" wrote in message
Zen83237 wrote:
Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the
ticket hall was shut today. At 7.30 it was hell so goodness know what it
was like later. Can they think of any other ways to really inconvenience
the passengers. May be not run any trains on Sundays, oh hang on they are
doing that anyway.

Kevin

It was still out of use at 3.00pm. However, the escalator down to the
Northern Line City branch was being tested this afternoon and I was told
that it might be put into service later in the day.

--
John Ray

Yes now fully working and the suburban entrance is open thank God.

Old November 16th 09, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Zen83237" wrote in message

"John Ray" wrote in message
Zen83237 wrote:
Does anybody know why the down escalator from the concourse into the
ticket hall was shut today. At 7.30 it was hell so goodness know what it
was like later. Can they think of any other ways to really inconvenience
the passengers. May be not run any trains on Sundays, oh hang on they
are doing that anyway.

Kevin

It was still out of use at 3.00pm. However, the escalator down to the
Northern Line City branch was being tested this afternoon and I was told
that it might be put into service later in the day.

--
John Ray

Yes now fully working and the suburban entrance is open thank God.

Oh well that didn't last long, it is out of action now.