Old November 20th 09, 06:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default First Capital Connect strike ...

On Nov 17, 9:49*pm, John B wrote:

*Are* they actually running 4-cars? I've been rush-hour commuting
mostly on FCC-TL throughout the dispute, and haven't encountered any.

Yes.

My commute must be different to yours then cos I seen single 319s out
every day in both peaks.

And FCC words are ''all trains'' not just peak trains.

It is ******** as they still have attach and detach 4+4 - 8 and 8 -
4+4 diagrams at Luton, this week. In fact one of them to the best of
my knowledge puts a 4car on what was previously a permanennt 8car
turn.

FCC are not telling the whole truth in any of this.

(if they're still running the one evening 317 out of Moorgate[*],
then I can pretty much see why that one might run as 4-car...)

[*] obviously ECS til Farringdon

No.

The 317 diagram left BedPan lines several weeks ago. The train is now
booked and permanent altered [in the full timetable] as 17:blurr
Elephant & Castle start 2x319 *however* as an additonal to the
emergency timetable the 18:19 exFarringdon has been used by 2x377
after reversing ECS Moorgate.

--
Nick

Old November 20th 09, 10:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 20 Nov, 19:55, D7666 wrote:
On Nov 17, 9:49*pm, John B wrote:

[...]

I had to use FCC today (from St Pancreas to Crofton Park) and found it
strangely lacking in cancellations, unlike all the announcements I've
been hearing every time I pass London Bridge.

Has something been fixed?
Old November 21st 09, 09:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:41:39 -0800 (PST), MIG
wrote:

I had to use FCC today (from St Pancreas to Crofton Park) and found it
strangely lacking in cancellations, unlike all the announcements I've
been hearing every time I pass London Bridge.

Has something been fixed?

If anything has been fixed, it certainly wasn't your "ability" to draw
all-encompassing conclusions from a single piece of data.

Old November 21st 09, 11:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On 20 Nov, 19:55, D7666 wrote:
On Nov 17, 9:49 pm, John B wrote:

[...]

Once they have published a temporary timetable, ie handed out a few
leaflets, put up posters, and altered the website, but more importantly
changed the train service database, the announcement system automatically
stops mentioning the 50% cancellations?

IIRC when they halved the Portsmouth timetable when the resignalling
overran, all the National Rail info immediately stopped referring to the
problems, as they were running the (temporary) published timetable
correctly...

Paul S

Old November 21st 09, 10:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Nov 20, 11:41*pm, MIG wrote:

Has something been fixed?- Hide quoted text -

No, the emergency timetable is ''in the system'' so visual and audio
information systems no longer report cancelations from the permanent
TT, only from the emergency.

From the point of view of a passenger actually waiting a train that is
better.

But don;t forget FCC don't administer those systems, NR do, at all
stations, not just NR ones (like SPILL, LB, LGW on the TL route).

--
Nick