Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David B
Forum: London Transport January 15th 05, 09:56 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By David B
Buses - exhaust smoke and warming up

Warm up is the main reason. For the comparison with cars, the only thing
cars and buses have in common is that the engine works the same way yet
that's about it. AFAIK the biggest diesel in...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 04, 03:00 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By David B
Highway Code for Coach Drivers

"Joe" wrote in message
Has someone added the words "Except Buses" after everything in the highway
code?
--
Okay who cut you...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 06:25 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By David B
Road Hogs

Why do lorry drivers travl at 56mph on single carriageways?
They Know that the limit...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 04, 06:13 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By David B
*****NOISE IN OLD UNDERGROUND TRAINS*****

In message , Soniakostas
Forum: London Transport October 1st 04, 05:13 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By David B
Maximun length of buses

"David Bradley" wrote in message
Hello,

I was looking at
Forum: London Transport August 28th 04, 10:41 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By David B
Why does the X68 exist?

As a resident of West Norwood I'm delighted that someone thinks we're
important...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 04, 08:03 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By David B
Bus Chrips

"S M" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know why buses have been installed with electronic chirps.
They
are like a horn and all...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 04, 10:18 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By David B
Trams

I occasionally drive trolleybuses for the Black Country Museum and
they still out...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 04, 10:54 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By David B
Trams

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

Even the...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 04, 07:52 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By David B
Local/Express bus routes

Here's an idea I thought about to improve bus services in
London. Instead of having all bus...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 04, 12:24 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By David B
Trams

"Ian Henden" wrote in message

What do readers here think about it?

If you intend putting those great big...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 04, 10:20 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By David B
Bendibuses back but ....

Has anyone been on the 'bendies' since their return. I can't tell properly
as I am driving myself when entering London but are they a lot slower
pulling away now?
Forum: London Transport January 26th 04, 09:18 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By David B
To All Bus Drivers

(Matt Ashby) wrote in...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 04, 08:31 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By David B
To All Bus Drivers

It's a customer service job - if you don't want to deal with customers
then go drive...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 04, 08:09 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By David B
To All Bus Drivers

"David B" wrote in...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 04, 05:26 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By David B
To All Bus Drivers

"Gaz" wrote in message ...
STOP DRIVING PAST THE ****ING STOPS!
YOU ARE PAID TO DO A JOB, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GET OUT!

Nice troll.
Forum: London Transport January 19th 04, 03:28 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By David B
Fastest tube trains?

The best way...
Forum: London Transport January 15th 04, 08:49 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By David B
Fastest tube trains?

The best way to measure the speed is get a good GPS receiver - although its
use is obviously limited to surface sections. AFAIK the Picadilly line 1973
stock has a top speed of 45 mph. 60 mph on...
Forum: London Transport January 4th 04, 11:20 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By David B
Most and Least Powerful LU Trains

"Sharon & Gordon Thomson" wrote in
message ...
Which LU lines have trains with the most and least "oomph" for want of a
Forum: London Transport December 17th 03, 06:06 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By David B
Fuel cell bus?

Forum: London Transport November 24th 03, 10:58 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By David B
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

AFAIK the bendibuses don't need much more space than a regular double
decker; the 10.5 metre DAFs seemed to be okay on Sundays.

--
Remove "0" from from daveb07890 to reply
"John Rowland"...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 03, 05:14 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By David B
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

Billy, I appreciate the time you've taken in replying to my post. And there
is no way I can comment on DipTac requirements, neither do I have any
knowledge on the effectiveness of Revenue Inspectors...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 03, 07:10 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By David B
Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

I used to work route 73 albeit on Sundays only when it was one person only
operated. I think bendibuses are an excellent idea as they are extremely
quick to load and unload compared with...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump