Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Edward Cowling
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 05, 01:58 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Edward Cowling
No Photocard !

I bought my new weekly ticket today and was told
I no longer needed a photocard.

Now U turns on such issues always fascinate me.

Are they admitting there never were whole families using
the same...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 05, 08:34 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward Cowling
New London Fares ?

"Huge" wrote in message
Ok, when I buy my Zones 1 to 4 travelcard
on...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 05, 08:33 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward Cowling
New London Fares ?

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Ok, when I buy my Zones 1 to 4 travelcard
on Tuesday, how much do I have to pay...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 05, 02:58 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Edward Cowling
New London Fares ?

--

Edward Cowling - London - UK
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 04, 07:23 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Edward Cowling
getting to Elstree

This group has been incredibly helpful in the
past, so I thought I'd try this strange one.

I have to get from N13 to Elstree Aerodrome
on Wednesday morning.

After looking at various maps the best I...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 04, 10:37 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Edward Cowling
Abused by a van driver

So, can anyone shed any light on why I might have had such an effect on
"white van...
Forum: London Transport August 27th 04, 06:40 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Edward Cowling
Great Unwashed on Tube

Wow ! On a Friday night in August you really do
find out which of your fellow passengers consider
one bath a month is enough :-)

Come on guys, you know who you are !

Think of the rest of us on the...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 04, 04:18 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Edward Cowling
Don't run Announcements

"Stuart" wrote in message
My main point though is how about announcing the dangers
of...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 04, 04:15 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Edward Cowling
Don't run Announcements

But the main reason why people don't take any notice IMHO is because
there are just...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 04, 04:11 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Edward Cowling
Don't run Announcements

"Kat" wrote in message

So come on guys, less ******** about water, and more about
real problems !!

I often make...
Forum: London Transport August 15th 04, 09:38 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Edward Cowling
Don't run Announcements

We seem to be getting announcements every ten minutes
on the tube advising us to take water with us and not to
travel while unwell. It's amazing we've survived the last
100 years on the Tube going to...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 04, 12:56 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Edward Cowling
Platform Tickets

Yes, you would have ended up with an unresolved journey. Oyster
can't deal with...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 04, 11:12 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward Cowling
Ticket Machines Wood Green

Yesterday I noticed the entire bank of 5 ticket
machines at Wood Green had CLOSED on them.

As you can imagine this meant the lone guy in the
ticket office was running about like a mad thing.

Why...
Forum: London Transport April 29th 04, 07:44 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Edward Cowling
How to spot ****s on the underground....

11) Stand there for a bit wondering if it's safe to go through
12) Pass through the...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 04, 11:02 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Edward Cowling
Change from machine

Today for the first time, due to a gentleman with poor
English taking 30 minutes to buy a ticket. I decided
to try a 20 pound note in the machine at Wood Green
tube station.

Well it took my note and...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 04, 11:03 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Edward Cowling
Trams

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
What's the point of trams?

I'm not having a go, i just don't really...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 04, 07:01 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward Cowling
Green Party lunacy

The Green Party's candidate for Mayor of London has said on TV that, if
elected in...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 04, 08:17 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Edward Cowling
Oyster Fault

"Anon" wrote in message
There does seem to be a fault with the oyster system.

I still buy my weekly travel card and...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 04, 09:26 AM
Replies: 36
Posted By Edward Cowling
tube lines south of the river

"The Only Living Boy in New Cross" wrote in
message
One of the commonest explanations you hear for the lack of...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 04, 09:25 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Edward Cowling
Buses Are Getting Better

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Hi all,

It's not worth going that far out of your way, but if someone...
Forum: London Transport December 25th 03, 11:46 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Edward Cowling
Buses Acceptable ?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message

What is the overall...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 03, 07:11 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Edward Cowling
Buses Acceptable ?

Someone said to me the other day that if nothing
else Ken Livingstone had made buses an acceptable
way to travel.

Everyone uses buses these days, they said.

Do they ? I still consider the bus as...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 03, 08:18 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By Edward Cowling
Toilets.

"Robin Cox" wrote in message