Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alan J. Flavell
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 05, 11:31 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
West London Tram (and others)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Chippy wrote:

Alan J. Flavell wrote:

They accelerate briskly away from stops, reducing overall journey time
compared to buses. Of course in the UK we're determined...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 05, 11:26 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
West London Tram (and others)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Richard J. wrote:

But at least they could divert, which trams and trolley buses would not
be able to do.

Take a look at (apologies for the horrible URLs) some of the...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 05, 08:54 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
West London Tram (and others)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Peter Fox wrote:

However, I have never seen how, as far as a passenger is concerned,
a trolleybus can be any better than an ordinary bus.

They accelerate briskly away from...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Routing enquiry - Fleet to London Terminals

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Jonathan Morton wrote:

It's a bit difficult as Map CS seems to be bust.

Indeed its JPG seems to be missing from the individual maps, but it's
present in the PDF download of...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 05, 01:18 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
LCR's Stratford City land wanted for Olympics

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, R.C. Payne wrote:

Ian Johnston wrote:

Worst of all - gawp 'elp us - a gravy Parry People Mover ...

You've overlooked the possibility of the gravy Guided Bus. The...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 05, 10:43 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Clive wrote, as seen in uk.railway, quoting me:

a compulsory ticket area

What would this be then?

If I had wanted to know the answer to that, I think I'd have tried a...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 05, 05:55 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, tim (moved to sweden) wrote:

On national rail, at least, it's a byelaw offence to be in a
compulsory ticket area without a valid ticket.

punishable by penalty fare,...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 05, 05:18 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, tim (moved to sweden) wrote:

Speeding is an absolute offense.

"offence", in the UK.

Travelling without a ticket is not.

On national rail, at least, it's a byelaw offence...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 05, 09:33 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Can I buy an Oyster reader?

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Roger R wrote:

In this country you are innocent until proved guilty.

However, increasing numbers of offences are based solely on the
factual evidence, without any need to...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 05, 12:31 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
HeathrowExpress and Connect on a Travelcard

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Bob Wood wrote:

The Piccadilly Line *is* open between Acton Town and Heathrow;

OK; I'm afraid I'd been confused by this in the original posting:

Forum: London Transport October 11th 05, 10:52 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
HeathrowExpress and Connect on a Travelcard

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Bob Wood wrote:

Zone 1-6 Travelcard holders will be able to travel without further
payment on HeathrowExpress and Connect services this weekend, 15/16
October.

Forum: London Transport April 23rd 05, 09:36 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Heathrow Connect service

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Peter Masson wrote:

It is in this context that H Connect may well offer concessionary
fares for airport employees, while charging casual passengers, and
airline...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 05, 06:29 PM
Replies: 73
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Heathrow Connect service

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Peter Masson wrote:

"Alan J. Flavell" wrote

What about using a travelcard to travel to H&H, and then taking
the bus to Heathrow, and vice...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 05, 08:00 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Heathrow Connect service

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Orienteer wrote:

The fares on the system are the current Heathrow Express fares via
Forum: London Transport February 24th 05, 09:22 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Tom Anderson wrote:

If some people are getting more for their money, that means i'm
getting less,

sounds reasonable so far...

which means i am personally paying for...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 03:33 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Solar Penguin wrote:

The only insight I have is good old fashioned common sense. You
should try it sometime.

Congratulations, your application has been accepted...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 01:28 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Stephen Osborn wrote:

Every can of beans / newspaper / magazine / item of clothing / etc
you buy is individually priced

Not quite. The "pick and mix" has a fixed price...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 12:57 PM
Replies: 130
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Future of CDRs and NR season tickets in TfL zones?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Solar Penguin wrote:

Distance based? Then how come a ticket from Morden to Waterloo (zones
1-4) costs the same as a ticket from Morden all the way to Mill Hill
East?...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 05, 09:20 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Croxley Link Progress?

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, PRAR wrote:

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 10:43 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
What would a Gatwick to Liverpool Street service require?

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Peter Masson wrote:

For parts of Kent I would have thought...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 04, 08:58 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Class 376 deployment questions

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, John Clausen wrote:

This is somewhat over the top, many places don't have stop signs,
e.g. the whole of Cardiff Valley Lines.

Well, if it hasn't got a stop sign, surely no...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 04, 09:52 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
East London Line extension news

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Tom Anderson wrote:

How much of it is just inflation?

If you mean in the technical sense, then you could try
http://www.eh.net/hmit/ukcompare/
or some of the other...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 04, 04:49 PM
Replies: 277
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Paul Terry wrote:

So if it's true that E* is going to totally abandon Waterloo,
either someone has been telling porkies in the past, or the
intentions have...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 04, 12:35 PM
Replies: 277
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Stevie D wrote:

Yes, the railways may lose a small amount of revenue by closing
Waterloo International. But the additional cost of maintaining and
serving two...
Forum: London Transport November 18th 04, 10:34 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alan J. Flavell
Trivia: Victorian double-decker trains?

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, BH Williams wrote:

[excessive quotage now snipped]

I was only four or five at the time and much more interested in the
seats which had backs that could be folded according...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38

Forum Jump