Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian Tindale
Forum: London Transport March 12th 05, 07:58 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Tindale
Java Tube Map

Richard wrote:
Hi

I recently downloaded on to my phone a java tube map but since I have got a
new phone, I went back to TFL's wap site to get it again but it has gone.
can someone point...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 05, 09:15 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Ian Tindale
Imperial College (was 02-28-2005 at Moorgate)

Richard J. wrote:

Quite right too.Â*Â*SomeÂ*ofÂ*usÂ*haveÂ*fondÂ*memoriesÂ*ofÂ*aÂ*companyÂ*calledÂ*ICL,
1968-2002.

Didn't they bring out a computer based on the QL, called the "One born...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 05, 07:46 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Ian Tindale
DLR City Airport extension

Stephen worheedatworheeddotf9dotcodotuk wrote:

Whilst were on about the DLR, the public enquiry into 'Capacity
enhancement' (upgrading to 3 car trains) started this week.Â*Â*DLRÂ*sayÂ*most
Forum: London Transport February 4th 05, 11:55 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ian Tindale
Uni

James Farrar wrote:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:28:32 +0000, Tom Anderson

When i was an undergraduate, we had quite a bit of teaching from graduate
students in...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Replies: 119
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

Roland Perry wrote:

Hmm, I think I'll take a 3 year course in brewing, at the taxpayers
expense. I'm not sure if I can cope or not, but we'll find out
eventually...

I was tempted to look into...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 05, 03:47 PM
Replies: 119
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

R.C. Payne wrote:

But that's a second degree.Â*Â*IÂ*wasn'tÂ*awareÂ*thatÂ*grantsÂ*orÂ*studentÂ*loans
or whatever have ever been applicable to second degrees.

Normally, for that situation, you'd...
Forum: London Transport January 28th 05, 07:57 AM
Replies: 119
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

Meldrew of Meldreth wrote:

In article , Espen H.
Koht writes
Even better would be the scenario where there wouldn't be...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 05, 11:28 PM
Replies: 119
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Uni, was: Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article , Roland
Perry writes
If you had left home and were earning, there came a point...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 05, 11:24 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Mouse buttons (was Frequent service maps...)

Huge wrote:

Don't try and convince a Mac zealot of that, though.

I don't think there's much danger of that. We all know it's ridiculous only
having one (or no) button - even those that have never...
Forum: London Transport January 25th 05, 08:54 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Ian Tindale
OT: Tabbed browsing (was Frequent service maps...)

Also, if you go to 'Tools' 'Extensions' there's plenty you can add to the
basic Firefox.

I've got Chatzilla (for irc) and Sage (for rss (don't ask - I'm not entirely
clear what rss is,...
Forum: London Transport January 8th 05, 07:28 AM
Replies: 119
Posted By Ian Tindale
Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

D.M. Garner wrote:

I think so. Mobility is normally perceived as a good thing, especially
between a major science centre and a major econonic centre.

On the other hand, those two particular...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 05, 12:39 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Ian Tindale
Happy New Year

Mrs Redboots wrote:

It's just past midnight here, so may I be the first to wish you all a
happy, prosperous and productive 2005.

Make your mind up.
--
Ian Tindale
Forum: London Transport December 31st 04, 08:52 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Ian Tindale
travel card

Name wrote:

i left my travel card on a bus in Camden town and nobody turned it in i
called em

You called nobody?
--
Ian Tindale
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 04, 07:52 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Ian Tindale
Beckton to Heathrow v.early Sunday Morn

Is it actually possible, never mind the best way, to travel using public
transport from Beckton to Heathrow T.4 on a Sunday Morning in time for an
8am flight?
--
Ian Tindale
Forum: London Transport November 30th 04, 11:25 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Ian Tindale
Oyster Query

wrote:

Pre-pay can't be used on National Rail except where there is a joint
line (e.g. Richmond - Gunnersbury). So to travel legally you need to
buy a 'paper'...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 04, 09:44 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Ian Tindale
The sound of running water on the Jubilee Line

Boltar wrote:

Ian Tindale wrote in message

Pressurised air in the brake pipes or tanks moving about?
Sound...
Forum: London Transport November 19th 04, 07:42 AM
Replies: 12

Boltar wrote:

Pressurised air in the brake pipes or tanks moving about?
Sound of the brake pads on rubbing on the discs?
Anything else that can produce a kind of white noise sound really...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 04, 08:25 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Tindale
DLR problems

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

In message , Christov
writes

The DLR's new livery: why? It's just hideous. The original...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 04, 08:59 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian Tindale
Bus lane enforcement

Paul Corfield wrote:

I think it is demonstrably the case that bus ridership has increased,
that running costs due to congestion have fallen and that the bus
companies are making big profits...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 04, 04:32 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Tindale
2 quick Pre-pay queries

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

When I had this, the ticket man *could* cancel my journey. I think he
did this by crediting £1 to my card.

I had swiped in to find chap writing 'no service etc'...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 04, 09:46 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Ian Tindale
Bus Stop Displays

Where are you people seeing these displays? I see none. There's a bus
shelter, a post, a place where timetables should be but often aren't, and
the bus numbers at the top of a pole.

--
Ian Tindale
Forum: London Transport September 24th 04, 09:17 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Ian Tindale
Cul-de-sacking

Neil Williams wrote:

There's an interesting twist on the OP's scenario by me, as well.Â*Â*The
road concerned is a through road, but has cul-de-sac signs on it.
Thus, people don't tend to go...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 04, 07:08 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Ian Tindale
The wrong way up

Ian Tindale wrote:

Almost made no difference to the Silverlink Metro - still starts at
(almost) Silvertown and goes East.

In fact the same is true of the other end of the Silverlink Metro -...

Forum: London Transport August 27th 04, 06:24 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Ian Tindale
Passport to Pimlico - 2004 version?

Why was the original film called "Passport to Pimlico"?

I mean, a passport isn't to a specific place, like perhaps a visa is. You
don't say 'a passport to Australia' or 'a passport to China' or the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57

Forum Jump