Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter
Forum: London Transport July 6th 15, 08:16 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter
New Bus Route 714

I hope this in not OT, as it is about a bus service which starts in London but finishes well outside.

A new route has been introduced, linking New Barnet with Luton Airport and town. It is numbered...
Forum: London Transport May 21st 15, 12:26 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter
New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,TfL Rail

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 1:16:38 PM UTC+1, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2015 00:42:24 -0700 (PDT), peter

Do the changes mean I will be able to...
Forum: London Transport May 21st 15, 07:43 AM
Replies: 103
Posted By Peter
New 'London Connections' map with added LO and new family member,TfL Rail

Do the changes mean I will be able to use my Freedom Pass out to Cheshunt and Brentwood?

Peter

Forum: London Transport January 20th 15, 08:16 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter
M11 or A1 easiest tube connection for Heathrow

I'm driving my son and his family down to London late afternoon via M11
or A1 and they need to get to Heathrow. I thought it might...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 14, 07:31 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter
Is TfL schizophrenic?

"The new seats are blue (standard, it seems), the old ones were...I
can't...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 14, 07:48 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter
Adventurous Tram Ride?

I was waiting at Wimbledon Station the other day for a Thameslink train, when I noticed the Tramlink indicators were showing 'Unknown Destination'. There must be a story there!

Peter
Forum: London Transport February 5th 14, 08:58 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter
Walking Tube map

On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 16:11:35 UTC, Recliner wrote:
This Tube map with walking times between stations may come in handy in the

strike:

Forum: London Transport March 12th 13, 08:02 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter
Northern Line Signalling

On 26 Feb, 08:54, peter wrote:
One think I have notice in the last couple of days is that the
indicator board at Totteridge seems to be slightly more reliable.
Forum: London Transport February 26th 13, 07:54 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter
Northern Line Signalling

One think I have notice in the last couple of days is that the
indicator board at Totteridge seems to be slightly more reliable.
Previously, when it indicated, say, 3 minutes to the next train...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 12, 07:46 AM
Replies: 101
Posted By Peter
London bus and Tube fares go up 4.2% from January

Call me a cynic, but why am I not surprised that this announcement was
made the day the news was (predictably) full of the US election
results?

Peter
Forum: London Transport September 17th 12, 07:45 AM
Replies: 115
Posted By Peter
TfL To Remove Roadside Ticket Machines For Buses

It's amazing how many people stand at the bus stop for 5 minutes and
only remember that they have to pay just as they board the...
Forum: London Transport July 12th 12, 07:47 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By Peter
TV Alert: Building The London Underground

Interesting to watch, yes, but had I known nothing about tube
beforehand I would have learned:-

1. There were no underground railways in London before the City and
South London Tube
2. This line was...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 12, 07:53 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter
District Line

On May 26, 11:47*am, "
wrote:

What about Wimbledon to Embankment, how long does that take?- Hide quoted text -

My usual journey from Victoria to...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 12, 07:52 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter
Oyster and Travelcard Availability

Others will correct me, but AIUI bus services such as this used to be run
within Greater London under a regime called 'London Local...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 12, 12:27 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Peter
Oyster and Travelcard Availability

I discovered a sneaky and little publicised aspect of the latest fares
hike today.

Bus 84 runs from New Barnet to Potters Bar and then St Albans. It is
a long established route, dating back...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 11, 03:04 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter
Victoria Line Car Numbers

On Nov 24, 10:37*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"peter" wrote

Don't know what happened, but if it was a 'person under a train' then
Forum: London Transport November 24th 11, 07:56 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter
Victoria Line Car Numbers

I too was caught up in the Victoria Line chaos last night. My journey
was from Wimbledon to New Barnet - train to Vauxhall, VL to Highbury
then train to New Barnet. Made it as far as Pimlico, when...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 11, 07:56 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter
Is there an easy way of knowing which stations charge same as tubes?

*
I think the strangest of the exclusions is Dartford, as it is a natural *
terminus for many of the Inner Suburban services and is so close to the GL *
boundary.

And for some wholly...
Forum: London Transport August 22nd 11, 08:08 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter
Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads?

In the mirror image of the OPs question, my London Freedom pass worked
perfectly well on the card readers on Brighton buses last Saturday.
Not sure how all the reconciliation between LAs works....
Forum: London Transport June 13th 11, 07:39 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter
Freedom Pass - any info on it?

On Jun 12, 11:48*pm, "Ian F." wrote:

Just wondering, as a...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 11, 08:28 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter
South West Trains diverted at Wimbledon?

On May 4, 9:08*am, neill wrote:

I was travelling to Wimbledon on the District line around 8:15am
today,...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 11, 07:54 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Peter
South West Trains diverted at Wimbledon?

I was travelling to Wimbledon on the District line around 8:15am
today, and passed a couple of South West Trains on the underground
tracks heading north. There was no obvious notice of a diversion...

Forum: London Transport April 20th 11, 07:40 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter
London Overground Extension?

Heard on the radio this morning:-

"The Overground is suspended between Euston and Southampton"

Must take a trip when it's running again!

Peter
Showing results 1 to 25 of 68

Forum Jump