Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Farrow
Forum: London Transport October 30th 11, 10:11 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Stephen Farrow
"Airtrack-Lite" link to Heathrow proposed by Wandsworth Council

On Oct 30, 7:28*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:

I wonder how the ticket prices would be reckoned. Feltham and Heathrow
are in...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 08, 04:10 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Penalty fare increase

Paul Scott wrote:
Surprised the increase to £50 (£25 if paid within 3 weeks) on TfL services
hasn't been mentioned:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/10025.aspx

I wonder...
Forum: London Transport April 13th 08, 04:26 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Stephen Farrow
OT - BA postpones long-haul move to T5

Philip Hardy wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
(well, it's only Off Topic for uk.railway, very much On Topic for
uk.transport.london, but as I'm x-posting this...)

Forum: London Transport March 29th 08, 09:36 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

Ian Jelf wrote:

Trams like Croydon, Midland Metro, Manchester Metrolink, T&W Metro and
so on seem unlikely to me to accept them.

In Greater Manchester, the over-60s travel pass is...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 07, 03:02 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Stephen Farrow
London PA Voice Emma Clarke F ired for Slamming Tube

John Rowland wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

Since Emma can't say Highgate properly, and obviously belongs
to a certain class,
Snobbery is never...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 07, 01:29 PM
Replies: 35

John Rowland wrote:

Since Emma can't say Highgate properly, and obviously belongs
to a certain class,

Snobbery is never attractive.

--

Stephen
Forum: London Transport September 15th 07, 05:34 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Worst postcode map - ever!

MIG wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:24 pm, "John Rowland"
Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their spare
time, but they need...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 07, 02:59 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Worst postcode map - ever!

John Rowland wrote:
Bless 'em, they're trying to do something constructive with their spare
time, but they need some way of rooting out the rogue data. I think the
little enclave of RG (which...
Forum: London Transport September 2nd 07, 03:36 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Stephen Farrow
GNER/Tube/Airport timing

Russ wrote:
If you were going from Leeds to London to Gatwick Airport via GNER,
Tubes, and Gatwick Express or Connect, and your international flight
out was at 12 noon, what time would a person...
Forum: London Transport August 12th 07, 12:11 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Wood Green to Brent Cross

wrote:
On 8 Aug, 09:19, Stephen Farrow wrote:
Anybody know how long the 232 takes to get from Wood Green to Brent
Forum: London Transport August 8th 07, 08:19 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Wood Green to Brent Cross

Kev wrote:
Anybody know how long the 232 takes to get from Wood Green to Brent
Cross.

About four days.

--

Stephen
Forum: London Transport July 31st 07, 11:15 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By Stephen Farrow
London vs New York

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:33:15 -0400, David of Broadway
wrote:

Not exactly. (But impressively close for someone...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 07, 02:00 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Rotherham Flood Appeal

Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes

Do floods have epicentres? I suppose the ones...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 07, 10:29 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Euston to Kings Cross - quickest way?

Jonathan Morris wrote:
On 1 May, 22:23, Paul Corfield wrote:
you're unlikely to encounter massed hordes of people late in the
evening.

But over the years, I've...
Forum: London Transport May 3rd 07, 08:55 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Euston to Kings Cross - quickest way?

Toby wrote:
Furhter to my recent Kings Cross Thameslink post (thanks for the replies),
what is the quickest route from Euston station to Kings Cross station? I
want to make a quick transfer...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 06, 09:26 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Transport at the NLA, and a Thameslink rumour

Dave Arquati wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Evening all,

Hot on the heels of the walking map thing, the New London
Architecture centre is now going TRANSPORT...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 06, 05:53 PM
Replies: 6

Tom Anderson wrote:
Evening all,

Hot on the heels of the walking map thing, the New London Architecture
centre is now going TRANSPORT BARMY:

Forum: London Transport November 3rd 06, 04:40 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

John Rowland wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
There isn't even any open-air access to the depots,
because the system is designed to remain unaffected by Montreal's
very...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 06, 02:51 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

Boltar wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
is underground. There isn't even any open-air access to the depots,
because the system is designed to remain unaffected by Montreal's very
severe winter...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 06, 08:38 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Stephen Farrow
Questions on the 2016 London Transport map esp the trams

Tristán White wrote:

If this is the case, I assume (again if that picture is anything to go
by) that they will be using overhead wires to power it? If they are
using the same roads etc, how...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 06, 04:01 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

Boltar wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:
and partly about negotiating curves without
slowing right down.

Thats probably more to do with the side wheels on the bogies the
rubber tyred...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 06, 10:39 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

wrote:
Maybe it could connect with Airtrain @ JFK?:)

Well, the Vancouver Skytrain certainly could, because it's the same
technology (as is the Scarborough RT line in...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 06, 04:42 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

Boltar wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:

Rubber tyres don't necessarily make it a bus. How about Metro line 1
in Paris? Those
trains have rubber tyres.
As do all four lines of the...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 06, 12:41 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Stephen Farrow
T5 transit system

wrote:
I think its more like the internal system at Stansted that takes you from
the departure/arrival areas out to the piers. There is a picture of one of
the...
Forum: London Transport October 27th 06, 12:08 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Stephen Farrow
London Hauptbahnhof

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Stephen Farrow wrote:

d wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60