Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: London Transport November 8th 05, 12:03 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Ticket inspections on the Tube

Andrea wrote:
Are there ever any ticket inspections on the London Underground?

Yes. They were at Kings Cross today (H&C/Circle/Met) outside the
barriers.

I can't quite understand what they were...
Forum: London Transport November 5th 05, 09:38 AM
Replies: 71
Posted By [email protected]
Red lights in Criclewood, Harrow and elsewhere

Or especially at 2 in morning when the side road only goes into a
supermarket.

Perhaps councils and the like should be forced to put in intelligent
lights that have sensors (and ones that work!)...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 05, 10:35 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Number of Tube Journeys to Increase 24%

Tom Anderson wrote:

Can we not just start shooting people?

The police have other things to do you know. You can't carry a firearm
at the same time as you're holding a laser speed gun. :)

Jonathan
Forum: London Transport October 16th 05, 06:47 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Bakerloo Line Stock

Metronet plans to deliver a Line Upgrade for the Bakerloo Line in 2019
with new rolling stock and signalling, a year in advance of the
required London Underground (LU) implementation date.

A...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 05, 11:54 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
Northern line trip failures = lots of SPADs

So do busses. Maybe there should be a trip at each bus stop in case
the driver forgets a full bus needs more braking than an empty one?

Sadly that does appear to be the case! Passengers...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 05, 11:38 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Bus tracking

I think I read somewhere recently that London Buses can be tracked in
real-time to determine their position and hence bus-stop ETA. Does
anyone know what system is employed (preferably the...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 05, 11:32 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Thomas Goes Underground

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

Funny it's being screened early next year.. that means the BBC will
have to wait ages before they hijack...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 05, 04:07 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Greatly reduced rail acess to Enfield over the weekend

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
WAGN are running trains to London via the Hertford Loop. Which is your
WAGN station?

Hatfield. From there, they are running buses all stations every thirty
minutes and a...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 05, 11:14 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Whose daft idea was it to close Oxford Street today?

Laurence Payne wrote:
But if everyone would choose public transport where it IS viable, we
could all move much more freely.

And here lies the problem. PT can't cope with the extra people,...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 05, 11:09 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Greatly reduced rail acess to Enfield over the weekend

And all the time Wagn have no train service, their brand new Journey
Check service has been saying "No problems" with NO information being
given about the buses, or what times they are. Check Wagn's...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 05, 11:42 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Whose daft idea was it to close Oxford Street today?

We walked from Baker Street to Westminster today (stopping off at some
places on the way, I might add!) and thought it might be worth taking a
look at Oxford Street on the way.

One thing I noticed...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 05, 10:45 AM
Replies: 162
Posted By [email protected]
Inevitable Cycle Enforcement

Laurence Payne wrote:
It's hard to argue logically against the proposition that a blanket
60mph limit would slightly reduce deaths and considerably reduce fuel
consumption. And we'd get there...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 05, 10:35 AM
Replies: 162
Posted By [email protected]
Inevitable Cycle Enforcement

Ah, so you want more traffic cops, not fewer cameras? I'd certainly agree
with that.

So, if we had cameras, and set the positioning and level of fines quite
aggressively, so as to maximise...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 05, 09:05 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Vandalism Leatherhead - Cheam

Why are there so many seat squabs and backs littered along the side of the
line between Leatherhead and Cheam. There don't seem to be any south of
Leatherhead so who is the vandal in...
Forum: London Transport September 20th 05, 06:57 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster card online store, from US- no joy

That's their excuse. They'll take a US card if I'm actually there in
front of their machine, which seems to me to be very nearly as
susceptible to fraud.

There's a difference between...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 05, 10:55 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
More Tube lines now have live ETA boards

All not very useful when you're underground ;-)

True, although it might be possible in the future to install screens
around the stations/platforms that will show other lines, either at the
same...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 05, 04:57 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Well done Highways Agency (!)

Not sure if anyone noticed this morning, but a major accident shut the
M25 anti-clockwise, near Heathrow. It caused chaos as you might
imagine, and I bet a fair few people missed flights or wasted...
Forum: London Transport August 26th 05, 11:32 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

I would like to have this clarified 100% as I've heard different
stories, namely that you can combine two seasons and now the messages
that say you can't. If you can't, the next best option is to get...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 05, 11:44 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

(Benefits that will be much more beneficial when National Rail is eventually
fully incorporated into the Pre Pay system, but that will only happen
when the train companies stop dragging their...
Forum: London Transport August 25th 05, 11:36 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

These posters have appeared at such far flung locations such as Three
Bridges and Portsmouth Harbour. Is there much point in advertising
Oyster this far away from the capital?

They're...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Forum Jump