Showing results 1 to 25 of 136
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jonathan Morris
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 01:23 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

Last time I made that interchange (Jubilee to Met Southbound) the
Jubilee line train sat for a while just before the station,...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 02:23 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Mizter T wrote:
You're a lucky man if you've only been on a couple of trains where
there are no available seats - it's not an unusual situation in the
rush hour!

Depends on the route,...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 12:10 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Matt Wheeler wrote:
When you say "full" do you mean that all standard class areas have
fully occupied seats and no standing room, or the more usual, no
desirable seats available (occupied by...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 12:06 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Roland Perry wrote:
Although MML at weekends have been known to announce the availability of
their "Weekend First" upgrades, on the train, and collect the money
while doing the ticket...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 12:01 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
The worst I've found is on sub-urban commuter routes where very few of the
regular stock have first class but occasionally one gets put on. Naturally
hardly anyone's...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 07, 07:57 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Jonathan Morris
No online information during storms

alex_t wrote:
TFL Realtime travel news page
(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/?mode=tube&time=now) was working at
18:00 with up-to-date information for Tube and DLR. They replaced usual
Forum: London Transport January 20th 07, 07:53 PM
Replies: 57
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

4sub wrote:
Superior class riding checks are a lucrative source of income, always have
been, and also good PR for First Class ticket holders.

Well done to the staff concerned.

I know Elaine...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 07, 09:39 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

eastender wrote:
Didn't you know - guns don't kill people; people kill people.

No, bullets kill people!

Jonathan
Forum: London Transport January 16th 07, 07:58 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Jonathan Morris
PMPL @ dead scum

Brimstone wrote:
Such things didn't happen until some twenty or so years ago, at least not on
the scale that it does now. What's the reason do you suppose?

Not sure on what happened in the 60s,...
Forum: London Transport January 16th 07, 07:47 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Annual Oyster and Photocard

Out of interest, why do you no longer need a photocard for an Oyster
season? Seems like a recipe for disaster unless they allow it to be
passed around from person to person - as many countries allow...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 07:32 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Boltar wrote:
Well being a liberal lefty you naturally have your blinkers on so you
wouldn't. I live in a flat in north london and in the last 12 months
we've had thieves dumping a car in our...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 07:24 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Tristán White wrote:
I live in Plaistow, not the safest of areas as anyone who opens the weekly
local rag can testify. But in 9 years living here, I haven't experienced
anything like what you...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 04:58 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

John B wrote:
Am I incredibly lucky,
incredibly blasé, or is everybody else just paranoid...?

Don't know, but having read;

"Work Secretary John Hutton promises a crackdown on the...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 04:37 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

John B wrote:
Perhaps I was overly harsh on the original poster - however, if you're
not aiming to be racist, it's probably worth avoiding words that began
as racially abusive terms when...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 03:39 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
You've forgotten Hull Trains. Heaven help us if First get the ECML
franchise.

Hull Trains is First too.

Jonathan
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 02:52 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

John B wrote:
You think that the UK is *more* nannyish and litigious than the US?
That's an impressive disconnect from reality.

Well, that's what I thought too. Maybe they're gaining a sense...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 12:01 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Jonathan Morris wrote:
All in all, it seems like rather effective crime prevention. Two people
who won't be out tonight damaging property.

I am going to add that I feel for the driver, and...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 11:55 AM
Replies: 92
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

Boltar wrote:
Good. They weren't young boys , they were in their twenties and were
vandalising a train. I'd call that a result.

You know you're going to get the do-gooders coming on saying "But...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 07, 01:31 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Really? I thought it was run by GNER.

Seems unlikely as it was the station they used to launch the gates.
GNER aren't interested in gates, and FCC pointed out to me that...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 07, 12:02 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Mizter T wrote:
Paul has not AFAICS specifically stuck up
for the KX gates whatsoever - as he says himself, he was involved in
the development of their predecessor, the Mk1 slim gate. If you...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 07, 08:52 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Inspector Sands

Mizter T wrote:
-----
One slightly anal point. It's not to warn that there is a fire, it's to
warn that a fire call point has been activated.

Indeed. Last year, I seem to recall they tested...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 07, 08:44 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
Cambridge, allegedly. No sign of a planning application. Note that
neither of these stations is run by FCC.

I thought it might have been Hitchin. If they're going in at...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 07, 08:40 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Paul Corfield wrote:
I post here for *fun* - this isn't my job or even an extension of it. I
hope I add something to the group by commenting or sharing information.
If people are going to...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 07, 08:24 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Inspector Sands

Henry wrote:
Was on the Piccadilly pulling away from South Kensington
this afternoon around 12:15, and Inspector Sands was getting
a call -- anyone know why?

He gets about a lot (or is it a...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 07, 01:09 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Jonathan Morris
Ken to TOCs - end of January deadline to sign up for Oyster PAYG

Paul Corfield wrote:

Oh not again.

The problem won't go away by ignoring it!! FCC are already noticing the
problem with the new gates on the GN branch, where people are managing
to get through...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 136

Forum Jump