Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Speller
Forum: London Transport February 21st 09, 09:24 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Speller
One-day Travelcard not allowed to be issued more than a week in advance?

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:18:44 +0000, Barry Salter wrote:

HTH,

It certainly does! Thanks very much for that comprehensive answer!

Does anyone know what the logic for this restriction is? The date...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 09, 09:01 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Speller
One-day Travelcard not allowed to be issued more than a week in advance?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:01:00 -0800 (PST), MIG wrote:

Can't answer but, just to clarify, was it a Southeastern station
within the zones or a station outside the zones from which you can get
a...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 09, 11:29 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Speller
One-day Travelcard not allowed to be issued more than a week in advance?

For the past year or so I have been getting Travel Warrants from work to
exchange for One-Day Travelcards (zones 1-6) for my travel into London
from the suburbs for work matters.

For most of the...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 08, 10:20 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Speller
Oyster PAYG and the Finchley Road / Finchley Rd + Frognal Interchange problem.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:46:46 -0800 (PST), Mr Thant wrote:

(Or is the quote from you nothing to do with PAYG on Southeastern and
I'm leaping pessimistically to unintended conclusions?)
Well...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 08, 07:12 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Speller
Oyster PAYG and the Finchley Road / Finchley Rd + Frognal Interchange problem.

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:47:25 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

full PAYG ticketing - now
apparently scheduled for March 2010 and not Jan 2009 from something I
read recently.

Really? To be clear,...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 08, 05:17 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Speller
New Year's Eve at Charing Cross

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 01:03:18 -0800 (PST), MaxB wrote:

The
problem was that you couldn't get into the station because the two
nomimal queues (over and underground) which started half way up...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 08, 05:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Speller
New Year's Eve at Charing Cross

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 01:11:57 -0800 (PST), Offramp wrote:

There is a usable walkway along Villiers Street, high above the
pavement - could you perhaps have used this?

This is the walkway that...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 08, 09:06 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Paul Speller
Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:41:09 -0800 (PST), Matthew Dickinson wrote:

Annual Gold card discounts would be trivial to implement, but I guess
that they think they are all Zones 1-6 anyway.

Forum: London Transport January 2nd 08, 08:20 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul Speller
New Year's Eve at Charing Cross

Last year we had a good view of the fireworks from the Embankment but
the impossibility of getting into Charing Cross put us off ever going
back (we caught two night buses home instead, taking three...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 07, 11:07 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Paul Speller
Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

"Another new thing in the fares leaflet is the availability of Railcard
discounted fares caps on Oyster PAYG. You'll be able to have...
Forum: London Transport December 6th 07, 07:52 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Speller
Zones 1-D one-day travelcard purchase at a Southeastern Railway station

It's not available from the automatic machines, but the ticket seller
is able to issue it as a One Day Travelcard, as long as...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 07, 11:56 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Speller
Zones 1-D one-day travelcard purchase at a Southeastern Railway station

I wanted to post here last week about the fact that I had been told I
could not buy a Zones 1-D one-day travelcard from my local National Rail
station, operated by Southeastern Railway, to ask if...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 07, 10:45 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Speller
Ebbsfleet as capital of UK

I'm jumping onto this thread a little late but I've just had a weekend
in Brussels via Ebbsfleet and, having taken part in and been impressed
by Eurostar's 'integrated volume testing' at St. Pancras...
Forum: London Transport October 25th 07, 07:45 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Speller
Break of journey queries (national rail)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:32:09 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

Seriously, though, how long would it have taken to cycle to, say, Slade
Green?

I'm not very fit and was about to participate in the...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 07, 08:31 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Speller
Break of journey queries (national rail)

Thanks very much for this fast and helpful answer!

if I were travelling in the daytime then
presumably I could get off the loop train at...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 07, 05:56 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Speller
Break of journey queries (national rail)

I've always found this group a great source of knowledge and
understanding of the more obscure corners of rail ticket regulations and
I seem to remember that I even once received thanks for an...
Forum: London Transport May 16th 07, 04:33 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Speller
Standard Day Return - break of journey?

On 16 May 2007 02:42:35 -0700, Mr Thant wrote:

Click the "more" button next to where it says Open, and it'll list the
actual ticket types separately, and clicking them gets you to a page
like...
Forum: London Transport May 16th 07, 04:32 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Speller
Standard Day Return - break of journey?

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that the automatic
gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of hassle if they...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 07, 05:42 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul Speller
Southeastern Railway staving off Oyster PAYG

I'm at the end of my tether with my local train operating company,
Southeastern Railway (SER hereafter).

They only took over the franchise 9 months ago but they signed up to it
just before the...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 06, 11:56 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Speller
Gold card extension/ticket advice

Slade Green should be fine. If you are combining a single ticket with a
season ticket, the train doesn't need to stop at the...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 06, 07:32 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Speller
Gold card extension/ticket advice

My wife has an all-zones Travelcard/Gold Card. Next Wednesday she needs
to make a single journey from Northfleet in Kent to central London,
leaving at peak time (8.23).

The train at this time...
Forum: London Transport September 6th 06, 08:32 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Paul Speller
London Overground

On 5 Sep 2006 11:42:20 -0700, Bob wrote:

Nice to see the clever integration of the blue disabled access symbol
on to the map. Becks foresighted modular flexibility triumphs again.

Except that...
Forum: London Transport June 14th 06, 04:04 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Speller
One-day all zones travelcard price reduction?

On 9 Jun 2006 06:22:19 -0700, wrote:

I can barely endure the
suspense until next Wednesday when I get my next peak travelcard to see
if it's £12.00 again :)

Well, I did...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 08:40 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Speller
Bus pass and travelcard query

I was surprised you can do the work journey for 50p by car. I assume
that is the marginal cost. i.e. it ignores depreciation, car tax,...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 08:27 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Speller
Bus pass and travelcard query

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:51:17 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Walter Briscoe wrote:
Can I suggest you try cycling? Borrow a bike for a week if you don't own
one. The main...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29

Forum Jump