Old May 16th 07, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Standard Day Return - break of journey?

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:33:54 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that the automatic
gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of hassle if they didn't!
I'd use the staffed gate anyway and tell the staff whta you are doing.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I went to use the staffed gate on my way out at Bexley and was just
waved through without needing to explain anything.

When I returned to the station, I again approached the member of staff
and this time explained what I had done. He suggested trying my ticket
in the gates as they wouldn't swallow it up in this direction so then I
could find out if it worked. Sure enough, the gates opened fine.

Of course, on the way out of the station is another matter - I don't
think I'd like to chance that, as you say!

Oh well, it's all been very useful to know for the future (as well as
this afternoon), anyway.

Paul
Old May 19th 07, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 May 2007 13:28:09 -0700, Paul Weaver wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:
"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Paul Speller) wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:33:54 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Yes it is permitted, but its probaby best not to assume that the
automatic gates will return the ticket, there'd be loads of hassle
if they didn't! I'd use the staffed gate anyway and tell the staff
whta you are doing.

My Cambridge-Zones 1 & 2 saver return outward portions don't get taken by
the gates at East Putney. It's hard to see why not but when I asked here
it was confirmed as expected behaviour.

No mystery, isn't it simply because East Putney LU is gated as an 'out of
station interchange' with Putney NR?

It wouldn't be an OSI because LU fares do not apply to the line from
Waterloo to Putney or beyond. If it was a permitted inter operator
interchange then the tickets would deal with the validity issues - the
gates do not need to be an OSI to deal with that. This is why zonally
priced NR tickets are still issued to named destination stations rather
than by fare value (as LU does).

I understand that LU don't remove NR tickets at all

Is the correct answer! NR issued tickets regardless of destination are
always given back at LU gatelines. Different practices obviously
operate at NR gatelines depending on the ticketing rules that apply to
each destination.
--
Paul C

Old May 21st 07, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

(Paul Speller) wrote:

[...]

Surely it has to be this way! The ticket remains the property of the
issuing company, so if LU take NR tickets, they are effectively taking
what is not theirs to take.
Old May 21st 07, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Epicentre) wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

(Paul Speller) wrote:

[...]

That wouldn't stop them taking it and returning it to the issuing company,
surely? Anyway, if I buy a ticket from Cambridge to Putney, I'm sure SWT
are happy to take it. I expect FCC will take my Cambridge tickets when
the Kings Cross barriers finally go in. They will have been sold to me by
'one'.

--
Colin Rosenstiel