Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roy Stilling
Forum: London Transport February 8th 09, 10:04 AM
Replies: 215
Posted By Roy Stilling
UTLer in the news

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
13:33:51 on Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Jules
remarked:
Right......
Forum: London Transport February 8th 09, 10:00 AM
Replies: 215
Posted By Roy Stilling
UTLer in the news

MIG wrote:
I would take "ambulance" to mean a vehicle which carries sick or
injured people.

The word "ambulance" on this vehicle more likely relates to the fact
that it belongs to the...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 09, 10:01 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Roy Stilling
train door delay arriving at victoria

Andy wrote:
I understood it was because the GPS system, which controls the
selective door opening, can't see any of its satellites when it is
under the building built on top of the platforms....
Forum: London Transport September 15th 08, 09:21 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Roy Stilling
Changeless bus passenger denied boarding

Walter Briscoe wrote:
On Sunday morning, about 08.00,I was on a 21 to Lewisham at London
Bridge/Monument. A passenger boarded and tried to pay with a twenty
pound note. The driver had no...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 07, 02:11 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Roy Stilling
Bloody gatelines

wrote:

Is anyone else fed up with the number of gates that don't take paper
tickets? Why can't they either bloody well mend them or least put tape
over the slot?

It does seem...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 07, 05:28 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Roy Stilling
The Last Bus

" wrote:

Here is the detail of the formal complaint I have lodged at the
Disability Rights Commission about Mr. Edwards: may I suggest others
who see the idiocy...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 06, 04:40 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Roy Stilling
Using season ticket for part journey

wrote:

Even though the ticket is valid at East Croydon (or any other
intermediate station on a permitted route), the automatic barriers may
well not open. I believe the...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 06, 06:16 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Roy Stilling
More munifence from Ken

" wrote:

Okay, Roy, but do you not see something anomalous in supporting Ken's
munificence without actually having to pay for it? Maybe if you lived
in London...
Forum: London Transport August 28th 06, 01:10 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Roy Stilling
More munifence from Ken

" wrote:

Come on - PLEASE somebody admit to having voted for all this nonsense!

Alas, I missed voting for Ken the first time round by a few months as
I hadn't yet...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 06, 08:51 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Roy Stilling
Old depot in Sutton St E1

Which bus company's name is obscured? Surely London Country Buses didn't
have a depot a couple of miles from Tower Bridge. Anyway,...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 06, 07:34 PM
Replies: 67
Posted By Roy Stilling
Bike number plates mooted

" wrote:

Colin, I understand what you say about impracticality of "local"
legally-enforced bike registration; i.e. it would have to be national
or nothing.

Why?...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 06, 09:06 PM
Replies: 79
Posted By Roy Stilling
London Terminals and Thameslink

"Mizter T" wrote:

I know this is a bit of an old chestnut, but having sifted through a
few previous discussions here on Google Groups I'm still a little
unclear on what the...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 06, 09:22 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Roy Stilling
Colossal temperatures on bus

Marc Brett wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:35:13 GMT, "Alan OBrien"

On Tuesday and Friday I had to withstand volcanic...
Forum: London Transport April 4th 06, 10:33 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Roy Stilling
"Oyster ticketing on rail a step closer"

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote:

Roy Stilling wrote:

That'll be fun in the morning rush

Why? Plenty of other London terminals seem to be able to cope with
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 06, 08:35 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Roy Stilling
"Oyster ticketing on rail a step closer"

"tim \(back in SY\)" wrote:

Zonal fares will be rolled out before Oyster, potentially next year
(according to previous DfT murmurings). However, having read...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Forum Jump