Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MaxB
Forum: London Transport December 12th 10, 04:31 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By MaxB
Old buses today

On passing through Bromley this afternoon, say 2 RFs on the 227 route
and an RT posing as a 126, all in public service. Does anyone know
why?

MaxB
Forum: London Transport December 10th 10, 03:44 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By MaxB
Kings X schematic map

My link to a schematic map of the layout underground seems to have
gone AWOL and searches aren't coming up with anything. Can anyone
point me to a working site please?

Thanks.

MaxB
Forum: London Transport November 19th 10, 10:02 AM
Replies: 75
Posted By MaxB
9 out of 10 people can easily use London Transport...

says Valerie Shawcross

I think!

MaxB
Forum: London Transport September 9th 10, 08:24 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By MaxB
Travelling on Sunday

I have to get from Bromley to Henley on Sunday (and back). Engineering
work is taking place at Shortlands Junction and "no trains" according
to South eastern (via Bromley N instead, no problem)....
Forum: London Transport August 5th 10, 04:11 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Red and White bus stops

Although the word Request has been retained, Compulsory melted away
some years ago, so I have used Red and White instead!

Walking along Widmore Road in Bromley today I noticed (how sad am I)
that I...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 10, 10:46 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By MaxB
LU pop songs

The Bakerloo seems to have done OK from Waterloo Sunset to Warwick
Avenue via Baker Street (and you could add the Lambeth (North) Walk I
suppose. I can't recall any other line getting similar...
Forum: London Transport July 1st 10, 08:38 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By MaxB
Disused railway tunnel under Regent Quarter, King's Cross

On 29 June, 19:02, Dominic wrote:
On the west side of Bravington Walk shown in purple on the map below,
one can look down a hole roughly the area of a car, into what appears
Forum: London Transport June 30th 10, 09:54 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By MaxB
Thing at Herne Hill

On the new siding, adjacent to Platform1, I noticed a small, unpainted
box about 8" square next to one of the running rails. My first thought
was that it was a detonator placer as it had 2 prongs...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 10, 04:33 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By MaxB
Tory MP struck by train

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds_bucks_and_herts/10357834.stm
for more. Was this Victoria mainline or Underground?

Lucky to be struck by a train and receive minor injuries. Couldn't
have...
Forum: London Transport May 1st 10, 09:30 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By MaxB
Green LUL?

In the Metro a few days ago, LUL were reported as winning some green
award yet, despite the concerns about energy consumption and the heat
problem, they persist in installing huge projectors above...
Forum: London Transport February 17th 10, 02:16 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By MaxB
Kentish Town

Traveling from Cricklelwood to Bromley South today and changing trains
at Kentish Town (by guess as no information about the service appears
at Cricklewood) I was expecting an ex Sevenoaks to...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 10, 03:56 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By MaxB
London Railway Atlas

Provided by Father Christmas (it was on my stocking list), this is an
amazing compilation of railway layouts past and present (and some
future) around London. I am going through the areas I know to...
Forum: London Transport December 19th 09, 11:47 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By MaxB
Escalators at St Pancras International

When passing through the shopping mall (sorry, train access area) at
St Pancras last week I came across instructions on how to use an
escalator when traveling with a wheeled case. Apparently you put...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 09, 11:24 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By MaxB
Not in my back yard

Residents welcome new London railway depot - not!

MaxB
Forum: London Transport August 5th 09, 07:13 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By MaxB
Midland Pullman

Does anyone know why there is (at least) one old Blue Pullman in
Barking carriage shed? Spotted it today as I was passing.

MaxB
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 08, 06:52 AM
Replies: 94
Posted By MaxB
Crossing London tube tracks

Up to around 3000v DC off a local generator IIRC (thus the dimming of
the prison lights as seen in many films is a load of old...
Forum: London Transport March 21st 08, 09:31 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By MaxB
Ranelagh Rd, Napier Rd

On 21 Mar, 07:08, Offramp wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:32 am, "John Rowland"

On 20 Mar, 02:58, "John...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 08, 09:00 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By MaxB
Ranelagh Rd, Napier Rd

On 20 Mar, 02:58, "John Rowland"
Why do so many Ranelagh Roads in London have a Napier Road nearby, but the
same pattern is not common in the rest...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 08, 01:21 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By MaxB
Kensington Olympia district line

Fair enough, but those are the official 2006 figures (which now seem...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 08, 07:17 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By MaxB
Kensington Olympia district line

On 14 Mar, 01:59, Steve M wrote:
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,

Jack...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 08, 09:47 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By MaxB
Kensington Olympia district line

On 13 Mar, 21:08, Steve M wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:
I was on a train at Earl's Court earlier and the announcer was
advising...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 08, 06:36 PM
Replies: 34

On 13 Mar, 18:42, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

Forum: London Transport March 5th 08, 06:45 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By MaxB
quiet stations

On 3 Mar, 16:40, MarkVarley - MVP
I'm looking for a very quiet station, one with very little people
traffic either late at night or weekends, somewhere on...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 08, 06:42 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By MaxB
quiet stations

On 5 Mar, 14:30, wrote:

St Johns would have been at No 34, Ravensbourne is counted as Outer
London, but...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 08, 11:52 AM
Replies: 42
Posted By MaxB
quiet stations

On 4 Mar, 18:53, Rupert Candy wrote:
On Mar 3, 10:06*pm, MIG wrote:

However, assuming that it counts as inner (should if some of those...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47

Forum Jump