Old December 12th 10, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old buses today

On passing through Bromley this afternoon, say 2 RFs on the 227 route
and an RT posing as a 126, all in public service. Does anyone know
why?

MaxB

Old December 12th 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 09:31:00 -0800 (PST), MaxB
wrote:

On passing through Bromley this afternoon, say 2 RFs on the 227 route
and an RT posing as a 126, all in public service. Does anyone know
why?

This might explain.

http://freespace.virgin.net/ian.smit...BR/CBR10TB.htm

--
Paul C

Indeed it does, thanks. Shame it wasn't more widely advertised locally (at
least I didn't see anything about it)!

MaxB

Old December 13th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Dec, 19:10, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:36:54 -0000, "MaxB"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

On passing through Bromley this afternoon, say 2 RFs on the 227 route
and an RT posing as a 126, all in public service. Does anyone know
why?

This might explain.

http://freespace.virgin.net/ian.smit...BR/CBR10TB.htm

Indeed it does, thanks. Shame it wasn't more widely advertised locally (at
least I didn't see anything about it)!

I only saw something about it yesterday but I don't live locally. *It's
a bit far for a speculative bit of vintage bus riding given the cold
weather. *It does seem to be an annual event now so mark up next year's
calendar.

There was a big procession of old vehicles in the West End yesterday for
a Christmas Lights tour. I had no idea about that either until after the
event. *I clearly don't pay enough attention.
--
Paul C- Hide quoted text -

It should be a yearly event, it was advertised through the Orpington
Buses Yahoo Group and probably elsewhere.

I popped along yesterday for a few hours, very good it was too and I
would certainly recommend it.

George
Old December 13th 10, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Only been run for the last twenty seven years- easy to miss!
Old December 18th 10, 02:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , aooy65
@dsl.pipex.com says...

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:02:47 -0800 (PST), StuartJ
wrote:

On Dec 12, 7:10*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

There was a big procession of old vehicles in the West End yesterday for
a Christmas Lights tour. I had no idea about that either until after the
event. *I clearly don't pay enough attention.

Only been run for the last twenty seven years- easy to miss!

Yes and? I simply didn't know it was happening. I don't pay a lot of
attention to running days as there are now so many it's impossible to
choose which one to "visit".

Yes, very sad, I had no idea that this was happening, just chanced to be
in Tooley Street when they passed, including RT8 which I've never seen
before.

Have made diary note to check next year's event [if there is one]

TMJ

TfL two buses for the price of one starts Today (Hopper) David Cantrell London Transport 0 September 16th 16 12:14 PM
Old buses yesterday (Saturday) Basil Jet[_4_] London Transport 5 July 12th 16 07:38 PM
Old People & Front Doors on Buses Offramp London Transport 22 November 7th 15 01:27 PM
Free travel on buses today! Offramp London Transport 39 July 16th 08 03:51 PM
First Buses Old Logo's News_Demon London Transport 1 June 3rd 07 10:09 AM