Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stevie
Forum: London Transport June 30th 07, 01:20 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Stevie
Bomb fallout thought

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hmm,

I wonder if this carbomb business will end up being used as an argument
to pedestrianise, or at least get rid of all parking on, lots of roads
in central...
Forum: London Transport June 24th 05, 06:57 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Stevie
More DLR Extensions

Peter Goodland wrote:
Modern Railways mentions that the DLR are considering possible extensions to
Farringdon and/or Charing Cross.
Both of these could be very interesting.

The Wharf...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 11:25 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Stevie
DLR - 'Bank via Canary Wharf'

Martin Underwood wrote:

"Via Canary Wharf" is redundant: I can't think how a DLR train could get
from Lewisham to Bank, Stratford or Beckton by any route that *didn't* go
via Canary Wharf!...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 05, 05:06 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Stevie
DLR - 'Bank via Canary Wharf'

Anyone know why on the DLR, trains from Lewisham to Bank are always
labelled 'Bank via Canary Wharf' but none of the others are.

All Lewisham trains go via Canary Wharf - and I would've thought it...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 05, 06:32 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Stevie
East London Line Project News

Work is going to start before the end of this month on enabling work

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=378

"The enabling works will include the...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 05, 06:29 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Stevie
DLR Woolwich Arsenal Extension

Work about to start on this now.

The Mayor is popping down to Woolwich Arsenal on Monday (13th June) to
do a big ceremonial starting of the tunnel borer of the Woolwich Arsenal
DLR...
Forum: London Transport May 25th 05, 07:06 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Stevie
TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR Stratford extension

Surprised that no-one seems to have mentioned this (unless they have -
and I've just missed it in which case sorry for repeating this).

18/05/2005
TfL Board gives approval for next step for DLR...
Forum: London Transport May 18th 05, 05:37 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Stevie
New DLR suburban possibilities

"Boltar" wrote in message
I think the idea is to bring them in to Docklands, rather than all the

way from...
Forum: London Transport May 15th 05, 05:33 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Stevie
New DLR suburban possibilities

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

Does anyone have any more...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 05, 06:27 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Stevie
DLR City Airport extension

Dave Arquati wrote:
Ian Tindale wrote:

Whilst were on about the DLR, the public enquiry into 'Capacity
enhancement' (upgrading...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 05, 04:26 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Stevie
Roads in the river

Alan (in Brussels) wrote:

Why is it that so much less of the embankment on...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 05, 10:19 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Stevie
DLR City Airport extension

Anyone know how 'too schedule' the City Airport extension project is on
the DLR at the moment?

I notice that the Beckton branch is closed all weekend from 7pm last
night to start of service Monday...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 05, 10:15 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Stevie
New Cross service (SE Trains)

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"Tony Wilson" a@a wrote in message

I travel from the East London Line to Sidcup occasionally visiting
family
and...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 05, 07:37 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Stevie
Oyster Pre-Pay on Bakerloo line

Ok - just want to check...

Is Oyster Pre-pay valid on the Bakerloo line between Queens Park and
Harrow and Wealdstone? Isn't this bit of that line different from the
rest of the underground?
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 04, 04:08 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Stevie
Ease of change at London Bridge

Dave Arquati wrote:
Dear fountains of all knowledge,
Does anyone have any ideas of what platform at London Bridge Thameslink
trains from King's Cross generally arrive at, and what platform...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 04, 05:43 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Stevie
Which stations/lines were used in last nights spooks?

"Jazzy Jeff" wrote in message
Just wondering if i'd been to any of them

Well - one of them was the old Jubilee Line platforms at Charing...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 04, 12:30 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Stevie
ELL odity

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

[ellx in zone...
Forum: London Transport October 16th 04, 11:12 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Stevie
2 quick Pre-pay queries

Ok - got 2 quick queries about Pre-pay (which I now use and I've been
wondering about these things for a while now).

Firstly - if, after I've swiped in through the gates with pre-pay I change
my...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 04, 06:19 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Stevie
Ken gets London railways

Richard J. wrote:
- the Government will work with the Mayor on rationalising fares
(including Travelcard) and ticketing technology within the GLA boundary;

So, that means a full Oystercard...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 04, 05:46 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Stevie
London Underground "Extension" Walls

Laura-Ann wrote:

On my way, about two weeks ago, somewhere between London Bridge and Waterloo
East (I think it was those two stations, if not, then Waterloo East, and
Charing Cross), the train...
Forum: London Transport June 16th 04, 06:43 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Stevie
Oyster 'continuation of exit'

SJCWHUK wrote:

Stations where which have this probability include Farringdon, Barking and
other interchanges. They are known as Continuation exit stations.

Without knowing your exit on...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 04, 07:39 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Stevie
Oyster 'continuation of exit'

Ok - maybe slightly weird 'feature' of Oyster, or just me and the DLR
captain being stupid...

Today, I had to pop home to pick up something at lunchtime. So, got the DLR
from Bank using my Pre-pay...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 03, 06:57 AM
Replies: 37
Posted By Stevie
Concorde! on BBC2 now

Stimpy wrote:
dave F wrote:

I think it would be fantastic if they could store a Concorde in T5,
seems a bit odd but hey! Heathrow is the home for Concorde :-)

Nooooo... Filton is the...
Forum: London Transport September 30th 03, 05:58 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Stevie
Dartford via Sidcup: Connex metro = 1tph?

Huge wrote:
"Ed Crowley" writes:

With the deletion of...
Forum: London Transport September 22nd 03, 06:19 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Stevie
"le crossing" A question

Andrew wrote: