Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Denis McMahon
Forum: London Transport August 25th 11, 01:10 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Denis McMahon
Chaos at Hayes & Harlington - as new C.I.S. mis-informs pax

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:54:41 -0700, CJB wrote:

You couldn't make this up. The new c.i.s. has been up and misinforming
passengers for over two weeks - and nothing is being done to correct the
Forum: London Transport August 19th 11, 09:58 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Denis McMahon
Paddington Station Flooded

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 01:20:55 -0700, CJB wrote:

tl;dr: there was a lot of rain in a short period, some buildings that
cover a lot of area don't have enough drainage on their roofs to cope.

Roofs...
Forum: London Transport July 13th 11, 04:31 PM
Replies: 129
Posted By Denis McMahon
Thank you London Underground

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:47:59 +0100, Zen83237 wrote:

On a Victoria Line
train at about 5.20 pm that after the doors closed at Oxford Circus then
sat for a couple of minutes unable to start....
Forum: London Transport July 13th 11, 12:04 AM
Replies: 129
Posted By Denis McMahon
Thank you London Underground

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:29:03 +0100, Zen83237 wrote:

Well had it been left to people reading the TfL report they would have
successfully swept the problem under the carpet. I assume you would
Forum: London Transport January 12th 10, 01:07 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Denis McMahon
What's with the no Thameslink services today?

martin j wrote:
A guy at Streatham station got a spiel from the Help Point about how
the rolling stock is so old the couplings are frozen and hecne can't
be got out of the depot.
Is this...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 10, 01:03 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Denis McMahon
SWT outside the zones - evening peak changes

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

Seems easy to get round in most cases by taking the first train to
Richmond, Wimbledon or Surbiton and then the train you want.

Hmm, Portsmouth services may stop at...
Forum: London Transport January 4th 10, 12:59 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Denis McMahon
Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Denis McMahon wrote:

I think there are separate numbering sequences for general public
acts and local acts, with the...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 04:06 PM
Replies: 25

Tom Anderson wrote:

I think there are separate numbering sequences for general public acts
and local acts, with the former having arabic numerals and the latter
lowercase roman. The British...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 03:02 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Denis McMahon
Rights of successors to British Transport Commission

Desmo Paul wrote:
Does anyone know about the British Transport Commission Act 1949? I
am told that it prevents anyone obtaining an easement over land owned
by the BTC or their successors. The...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 09, 08:44 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Denis McMahon
Motorcycle - centre stand query

Desmo Paul wrote:
I recently heard of a case where the Defendant claimed that it was
routinely possible to park a motorcycle on the centre stand so that
neither wheel touched the ground. As a...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 09, 09:52 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Denis McMahon
Where get up to the hour snow fall reports?

manser wrote:
Where can I get up to the hour snow fall reports for different parts
of London?

The TV news searches out the worst pictures so I wanted to see the
data (or weathercams) for...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 09, 09:49 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Denis McMahon
Doubledecker overturns in Battersea

Richard J. wrote:
Neill wrote on 16 December 2009 19:23:51 ...
Paul Terry ...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 09, 02:18 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Denis McMahon
Disruption at Feltham

wrote:
In article ,

Latest report is...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 09, 01:18 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Denis McMahon
Heathrow Personal Rapid Transit System

wrote:

But if you were going to apply a virtually untried technology to its
first, full scale practical application, I think Heathrow Airport is
the last place on...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 09, 04:14 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By Denis McMahon
Disruption at Feltham

Paul Scott wrote:
Latest report is that normal service will resume tomorrow morning:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx#sa1c9e4a1d1349548b8faaad06\
961215

Network...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15