Old July 11th 11, 05:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Thank you London Underground

I think thanks is in order for completely ****ing up. On a Victoria Line
train at about 5.20 pm that after the doors closed at Oxford Circus then sat
for a couple of minutes unable to start. After a lot of sounds of air
bleeding the train pulls a few hudred yards into the tunnel then comes to a
very abrupt stop. Waits for 5 minutes, no announcements. more sounds of
bleeding air then sets off and again abruptly stops. This happens several
more times.
Get to Warren St and I was in two mids whether to get off. But the train
wasn't withdrawn so think ok.
A lot of very abrupt announcements from the dispatcher not to join the
train, the doors are closing but the train still didn't move with the doors
still open. More announcements to beware of the closing doors, well people
needn't have worried because the train pulled out with doors open.
The doors finally closed as we abruptly stopped half in and half out of the
tunnel. Eventually get turfed off. Nearly have a punch up on the escalator
with the **** who thinks it is fine to barge in ahead of everybody else.
Then have the privilege of having to swipe out to get out of the now closed
station.
So all in all nearly killed on the train, involved in a fight with an
ignorant ****, half an hour late home and paid a full zone 2 to zone 1
station and having to walk to Euston.Well done London Underground. I take it
that it was a technical fault. I would hate to think there will be more
strikes because a driver was sacked for overiding safety protocols.
Now when are those Olympics.

Kevin

Old July 11th 11, 06:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 11, 6:47*pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
[...]

Nearly killed on a train? What by? An over active sense of the
dramatic?
Old July 11th 11, 06:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Jon Porter wrote:

[...]

obviousThe train should not have been moving with the doors open under any
circumstances/obvious - whilst an adult might have been OK, what if a
little kid had bolted for the doors (etc etc)?

--
Tim Watts
Old July 11th 11, 06:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

[...]

How were your nearly killed on the train?

How is the ignorant so-and-so LU's responsibility?

Warren Street to Euston isn't very far to walk.

Cue a response calling me an apologist - I'm not, I'm just taking
issue with aspects of your rant which don't dispose me to look
favourably on your complaints. I was expecting a proper tale of real
woe. This ain't one. Get over yourself.
Old July 11th 11, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 11, 7:34*pm, Tim Watts wrote:

Jon Porter wrote:

[...]

OK, missed that on my first reading of his rant - mea culpa.

Old July 11th 11, 07:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

[...]

Well lets think about this. It is ok for tube trains to be in motion with
the doors open. This is in the rush hour. The trains are crowded people are
standing next to an open door, they can be accidently pushed or jolted out
of the train.
Had the incident not happened there would have been a mass exidus from the
station. So what if Warren Street is close to Euston, I have paid for
Hammersmith to Euston, not Warren Street.
Lets say somebody had been killed as a result. No doubt we would have heard
blah blah blah, lessons learnt blah blah blah.
This kind of lethagy caused the Kings Cross fire, blah blah lessons learnt
blah blah.
Surley isn't too much to ****ing ask to have a safety cut, doors open, train
can't go. Even I could design that.
You must work for LUL to support them for a safety failure.

Old July 11th 11, 08:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Zen83237 wrote on 11 July 2011 20:38:18 ...

Surley isn't too much to ****ing ask to have a safety cut, doors open, train
can't go. Even I could design that.
You must work for LUL to support them for a safety failure.

If you'd confined your post to the fact that the train departed with the
doors open instead of ranting on and on about other things, you wouldn't
have had that reaction.

A train departing with open doors is serious, so perhaps you can tell us
more about the incident. Was it just one door that stayed open or were
they all open? Were they fully open or partly closed? Did you or
anyone else in your car press the alarm button as soon as the train
moved with doors open?

Sounds to me like an incident that RAIB should take an interest in.
--
Richard J.
Old July 11th 11, 08:27 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
[...]

RAIB would be very interested

Old July 11th 11, 09:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 11, 9:18*pm, "Richard J." wrote:

Zen83237 wrote on 11 July 2011 20:38:18 ...

If you'd confined your post to the fact that the train departed with the
doors open instead of ranting on and on about other things, you wouldn't
have had that reaction.

A train departing with open doors is serious, so perhaps you can tell us
more about the incident. *

I'd have to agree,

The ARE all sorts of protections about trains with doors **** etc.

If OP had confined rant to this aspect, or made this the headline,
instead of all the other rants I suspect it would be taken more
seriously.

AFAIK train moving off with doors open is RAIB, the recent FCC 377
incident near Kentish Town is with RAIB, they are less interested in
the cause of the train failure, more in why it subsequently moved with
open doors.

--
Nick
Old July 11th 11, 09:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Jul 11, 10:16*pm, D7666 wrote:

The ARE all sorts of protections about trains with doors **** etc.

Or even shut )

--