Old November 17th 09, 10:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Disruption at Feltham

Details at:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx

CJB.

Old November 17th 09, 10:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 17 Nov, 11:24, CJB wrote:
Details at:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx

CJB.

There's a nice pic of the damaged bridge in one of the local papers:

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n..._travel_chaos/

Looks like it has been well and truly undermined by the flooded river
and will need some substantial repairs (at least 4 weeks according to
Network Rail).

GM
Old November 17th 09, 10:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 03:45:18 -0800 (PST)
GMac wrote:
On 17 Nov, 11:24, CJB wrote:
Details at:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx

CJB.

There's a nice pic of the damaged bridge in one of the local papers:

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n...3.Bridge_colla
se_sparks_travel_chaos/

Looks like it has been well and truly undermined by the flooded river
and will need some substantial repairs (at least 4 weeks according to
Network Rail).

Seems like someone forgot to do maintenance. A bridge shouldn't be washed away
by some perfectly normal heavy rainfall that we get every year despite what
tabloid reporters with the memory of a goldfish seem to think.

B2003

Old November 17th 09, 10:50 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"GMac" wrote in message
On 17 Nov, 11:24, CJB wrote:
Details at:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx

CJB.

There's a nice pic of the damaged bridge in one of the local papers:

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/n..._travel_chaos/

Looks like it has been well and truly undermined by the flooded river
and will need some substantial repairs (at least 4 weeks according to
Network Rail).

Friday, or the weekend,should see the track slewed. I've just posted in the
earlier thread.

Paul S

Old November 17th 09, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(CJB) wrote:

Details at:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringwork.aspx

It doesn't say explicitly, but it appears that the Waterloo-Feltham parts
of the Reading and Windsor services have been cut, rather drastically
cutting Windsor Line frequencies between Clapham Junction and Twickenham.
Why no Waterloo-Twickenham shuttles?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old November 17th 09, 05:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

Friday, or the weekend,should see the track slewed. I've just posted in
the earlier thread.

Is there room to do that? From memory (with a little help from Google Maps)
there's a pedestrian underpass immediately to the south of the damaged
bridge...

http://tinyurl.com/ycmnm8k
(link to relevant Google Maps page)

Old November 17th 09, 05:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Bondee" wrote in message

Friday, or the weekend,should see the track slewed. I've just posted in
the earlier thread.

Is there room to do that? From memory (with a little help from Google
Maps) there's a pedestrian underpass immediately to the south of the
damaged bridge...

http://tinyurl.com/ycmnm8k
(link to relevant Google Maps page)

Maybe one line only?

Where does that underpass come out then, I can't see any sign of it on the
north of the tracks?

Paul S

Old November 17th 09, 06:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Meanwhile for bus livery spotters there are replacement buses from all
over the South offering a connecting service at Feltham for Whitton or
Twickenham. But the connection times are about 30-45 mins due to
having to detour to avoid residential streets &/or pass through other
residential streets.

But at Waterloo there are no trains whatsoever advertised for Reading
or Windsor. There is a simply a couple of LCD signs stating that such
trains can be caught at Feltham.

HOWEVER THERE ARE NO NOTICES ABOUT HOW TO ACTUALLY GET TO FELTHAM. ITS
AS THOUGH THE STATION DOES NOT EXIST. AND THERE IS NO MENTION
WHATSOEVER OF ANY CONNECTING BUS SERVICES BETWEEN WHITTON / TWICKENHAM
AND FELTHAM.

Basically at Waterloo in the rush hour tonight there were thousands of
commuters wanting to get home west of Feltham, and NO information
about how to actually get there.

In addition there are notices on nearly every (all?) SWT stations
about planned Engineering Works for this coming weekend - Nov 21 / 22
- whereby the Hounslow Loop will be closed with a special timetable
which includes stops at Feltham. Seems like despite the total closure
of the mainline through Feltham, the Engineering Works are still to
take place. I would have thought that a priority might have been to
cancel the Works and remove those signs. Its going to be one very
chaotic weekend on SWT.

But par for the course with SWT I guess.

CJB.
Old November 17th 09, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(CJB) wrote:

[...]

Pretty crap coping with the problem by SWT there.

In addition there are notices on nearly every (all?) SWT stations
about planned Engineering Works for this coming weekend - Nov 21 / 22
- whereby the Hounslow Loop will be closed with a special timetable
which includes stops at Feltham. Seems like despite the total closure
of the mainline through Feltham, the Engineering Works are still to
take place. I would have thought that a priority might have been to
cancel the Works and remove those signs. Its going to be one very
chaotic weekend on SWT.

But par for the course with SWT I guess.

Sounds good, but the works will all be the responsibility of Notwork Rail,
not SWT.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 18th 09, 01:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Bondee" wrote in message

Friday, or the weekend,should see the track slewed. I've just posted in
the earlier thread.

Is there room to do that? From memory (with a little help from Google
Maps) there's a pedestrian underpass immediately to the south of the
damaged bridge...

http://tinyurl.com/ycmnm8k
(link to relevant Google Maps page)

Maybe one line only?

Where does that underpass come out then, I can't see any sign of it on the
north of the tracks?

I'm not sure. I've never really paid any attention to the area until I read
about the bridge collapse. It's not a footpath from the golf course, is it?
I guess the entrance on the other side would be hidden by the trees.