Showing results 1 to 25 of 103
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin Petrov[_2_]
Forum: London Transport June 17th 16, 06:30 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Underground quiz

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:10:01 +0000, Recliner wrote:

I'd hope most regulars here can get beat 75%:

Forum: London Transport June 11th 16, 12:54 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
The Charlatans' Tune Map

On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 22:46:18 +0100, Basil Jet wrote:

http://londonist.com/2016/06/the-charlatans-limited-edition-london-
underground-tube-map

Nice touch including the "best of" as the Circle...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 15, 07:42 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Crossrail Rolling Stock

While I'm sure I could find this somewhere if I looked myself (*cough*)
are there numbers to hand which would give the capacity of the current 7
car trains (standing and seated) against 7 cars...
Forum: London Transport November 26th 15, 04:45 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Crossrail Rolling Stock

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:15:02 +0000, wrote:

I wonder if they plan to do a mock up anywhere in town.

Forum: London Transport November 26th 15, 04:40 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Crossrail Rolling Stock

"2.4.4 Following the introduction of Crossrail services, the number of
platforms at London Liverpool Street station will reduce from 18 to 17.
This is to enable platforms 16 and 17 to be...
Forum: London Transport December 4th 13, 09:00 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Pudding Mill Lane

I can't find anything on the internet - when is the new Pudding Mill
Lane station due to be actually up and running?

April 2014 apparently.

Forum: London Transport March 19th 12, 09:41 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Kings X western concourse apparently open today....

Had a look at it tonight... I wasn't the only one taking photos. A very
impressive job.

Richard.

I went up there at lunchtime today - King Cross (overground) isn't a
station I find myself...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 12, 01:10 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Kings X western concourse apparently open today....

.....at least according to London Reconnections' (grammar?) John Bull on
Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/garius/status/181380545991802880
Forum: London Transport January 14th 12, 12:09 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Jubilee Line rants!

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:52:54 +0000, Robin9 wrote:

;126561 Wrote:
A few rants about the Jubilee Line...

Every time, without fail, you never, ever, manage to get a...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 12, 12:02 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Kings Cross exhibition

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 12:09:31 +0000, John Salmon wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote

Just announced by Network Rail
Forum: London Transport January 5th 12, 07:23 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Tfl Bus Service Changes During Olympic Games

The sports insiders will be more than the VIPs, for example atheletes'
families. I'd expect them to be using public transport.

That's an interesting point -- is there any provision to...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 12, 09:26 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Tfl Bus Service Changes During Olympic Games

If I lived near an Olympic venue or somewhere that's reasonably
predictable to be transport corridor I'd be expecting Olympic fortnight
to be a bit like Cup Final day in Wembley, the Millennium...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 12, 03:57 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
16th January

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:25:46 -0600, rosenstiel wrote:

Normally she could get Thameslink to SPILL and walk across to King's
Cross but not at that time of night. She can probably get to London
Forum: London Transport December 21st 11, 03:19 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
London Reconnections Christmas Quiz

Actually I've been told we made it too easy this year!

In previous years, I've struggled to get even one answer right, but I
reckon I have 4 or 5 this year, and at least a vague idea on a couple...

Forum: London Transport October 30th 11, 03:17 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Leyton Station improvements

There are apparently some works that are going to be done at Leyton
station in preparation for the Olympics - this is the most detailed info
I can find having googled a...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 11, 09:43 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Victoria Tube station escalator works finished

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:11:41 +0100, Mizter T wrote:

TfL - "Victoria Tube station escalator work completed three months
early" http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/21319.aspx

Forum: London Transport September 26th 11, 05:30 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Motorway map in the style of the London Underground

What a bunch of miserable sods you are! It's just a bit of harmless fun,
surely.

My thoughts too, Mizter T. I like it....I posted it on Facebook, and the
only complaint was that he'd missed...
Forum: London Transport September 13th 11, 07:50 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Westfield/Leyton

I took a look at the Westfield in Stratford tonight, and other than
marvelling at the size of the place, (which really is enormous) the
overriding memory was how busy it was trying to get out of...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 11, 05:44 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Stratford Intl DLR service patterns

I would also suggest the current service levels on the new line are
designed to reflect initial demand levels.

It's completely understandable that there's only a need for 2 car
services, every...
Forum: London Transport September 3rd 11, 09:59 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Stratford Intl DLR service patterns

While I'm sure it was fully clear in advance, I hadn't appreciated the
plan to go to Woolwich in peak time and Beckton off peak - can anyone
explain the reasoning behind this?

Is this a long term...
Forum: London Transport August 31st 11, 07:21 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Stratford International line - almost open!?

Allegedly mid morning [1] but I'm not going to hold my breath ;-)

[1] according to comments on other blogs.

Apparently, it really is, finally, open:
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 11, 07:56 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
Overground SLL link

These days there
are decent numbers of people using Bethnal Green and plenty of people
get on and off at Hackney Downs. People also seem to use Cambridge
Heath and London Fields but not in...
Forum: London Transport June 26th 11, 05:43 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Martin Petrov[_2_]
"Geographically accurate Tube Map"

http://london-tubemap.com/

I know we all know that the tube map is far from geographically accurate
and there have been loads of maps that have appeared that show where the
lines accurately - but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 103

Forum Jump