Old January 12th 12, 07:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross exhibition

Just announced by Network Rail

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...TURE-198f.aspx

--
Paul C
via Google

Old January 12th 12, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(plcd1) wrote:

Just announced by Network Rail

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...ROSS-PASSENGER
S-OFFERED-A-GLIMPSE-INTO-THE-FUTURE-198f.aspx

I'm confused. I thought I read that the new concourse opened just before
Christmas?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old January 12th 12, 08:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message
, at
00:01:16 on Thu, 12 Jan 2012, plcd1 remarked:
Just announced by Network Rail

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...G-S-CROSS-PASS
ENGERS-OFFERED-A-GLIMPSE-INTO-THE-FUTURE-198f.aspx

" to improve passenger flow passengers will only be able to enter the
platforms via the new concourse and will exit via the old concourse."

Classic Hutbers Law.

ps I thought the original plan was to allow at least some access to the
lower-numbered platforms through gates on the ground floor.
Old January 12th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

" to improve passenger flow passengers will only be able to enter the
platforms via the new concourse and will exit via the old concourse."

ps I thought the original plan was to allow at least some access to the
lower-numbered platforms through gates on the ground floor.

He might mean 'generally'. But yes, all the relevant planning application
drawings do show a small group of entry gates at the east end of the station
front.

OTOH the words footbridge, escalator or lifts aren't mentioned so presumably
you'll take that as proof they haven't been provided?

Paul S

Old January 12th 12, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
In article
,
(plcd1) wrote:

Just announced by Network Rail

http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...ROSS-PASSENGER
S-OFFERED-A-GLIMPSE-INTO-THE-FUTURE-198f.aspx

I'm confused. I thought I read that the new concourse opened just before
Christmas?

No, they just announced that major construction work was completed.

Unnecessary spin really...

Paul S

Old January 12th 12, 10:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:09:21 on
Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Paul Scott remarked:
" to improve passenger flow passengers will only be able to enter the
platforms via the new concourse and will exit via the old concourse."

ps I thought the original plan was to allow at least some access to the
lower-numbered platforms through gates on the ground floor.

He might mean 'generally'. But yes, all the relevant planning application
drawings do show a small group of entry gates at the east end of the station
front.

Will have to visit the exhibition I suppose.

OTOH the words footbridge, escalator or lifts aren't mentioned so presumably
you'll take that as proof they haven't been provided?

Now now. They are the means by which access "via the new concourse" is
provided.
Old January 12th 12, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Colin Rosenstiel wrote
(plcd1) wrote:

Just announced by Network Rail
http://www.networkrailmediacentre.co...TURE-198f.aspx

I'm confused. I thought I read that the new concourse opened just before
Christmas?

No, but bits of it are easily visible. The new main departure board
(visible from the barrier line for platforms 9 to 11) was working yesterday;
it is more 'conventional' than the one in the current concourse, no longer
having separate sections for FCC and main-line services.

Old January 12th 12, 04:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:

Will have to visit the exhibition I suppose.

Since the exhibition apparently conists of "new CGI images, a map and
iPads giving people the chance to play a quiz" you'd have thought they
could have provided an online version so that people who might be
planning to travel through KX could also see it.

Sam