Old February 12th 15, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster refund

It seems to claim an oyster refund for a service delay you now you have to
create an account first. Presumably the 100 questions they asked you on the
old form didn't make it onerous enough so they're making doubly sure that
hardly anyone will bother. You have to appreciate the cynicism.

--
Spud

Old February 12th 15, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:18:13
in uk.transport.london, d writes
It seems to claim an oyster refund for a service delay you now you have to
create an account first. Presumably the 100 questions they asked you on the
old form didn't make it onerous enough so they're making doubly sure that
hardly anyone will bother. You have to appreciate the cynicism.

They also used to refund the standard paper fare; they now return the
net Oyster fare.

http://www.claimmyrefund.co.uk/ may suit. You give them read access to
an Oyster online account. They compare measured journey times with
expected journey times and send refund requests where a delay is
apparent. It costs £1.99 annually or is free if you allow adverts.
I used the paid service for a while. I find I rarely merit a refund.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old February 12th 15, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:11:25 +0000
Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message of Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:18:13
in uk.transport.london, d writes
It seems to claim an oyster refund for a service delay you now you have to
create an account first. Presumably the 100 questions they asked you on the
old form didn't make it onerous enough so they're making doubly sure that
hardly anyone will bother. You have to appreciate the cynicism.

They also used to refund the standard paper fare; they now return the
net Oyster fare.

http://www.claimmyrefund.co.uk/ may suit. You give them read access to
an Oyster online account. They compare measured journey times with
expected journey times and send refund requests where a delay is

You're missing the point - why should I have to create an Oyster account to
get a refund when I didn't have to before and I could just give any address to
have the refund voucher sent to? They've managed it since John Majors
government, whats changed recently?

Here's my oyster number , heres when I was travelling, now send me a voucher
or refund at the gate. They don't need to know any more than that.

--
Spud

Old February 13th 15, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:54:37 +0100
Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:09:08 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

You're missing the point - why should I have to create an Oyster account to
get a refund when I didn't have to before and I could just give any address to
have the refund voucher sent to? They've managed it since John Majors
government, whats changed recently?

What do you do with such a voucher? Bring it to a ticket office?

Yup. Or sell it to other people for less than face value. They're not tied to
a particular oyster card.

--
Spud

Old February 13th 15, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 09:26:47PM +0000, Recliner wrote:
Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
What do you do with such a voucher? Bring it to a ticket office?

Yes, typically to credit it to your Oyster Paygo account. Mind you, in the
suburbs, it's hard to find one open

IIRC National Rail stations in London accept them.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

We found no search results for "crotchet". Did you mean "crotch"?
Old February 13th 15, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
What do you do with such a voucher? Bring it to a ticket office?

Yes, typically to credit it to your Oyster Paygo account. Mind you, in the
suburbs, it's hard to find one open

IIRC National Rail stations in London accept them.

Theoretically *any* National Rail ticket office can accept an LU Charter
Refund Voucher...providing the journey involves an element of LU travel.

Having said that, vouchers are no longer being issued. Instead, you have
a choice of getting a refund onto your Oyster (at a nominated station,
just like a top-up), credit to your bank account, or a credit to your
online account, which you can then apply against a future purchase.

If travelling using a paper ticket, "the key" or c2c Smart Card, you can
only get a refund back to your bank account.

Cheers,

Barry