Old February 12th 05, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default out of zone charges

how come when you go out of zone with your travel card they charge you 100
pounds if it aint in the zone? I was visitng from belgium where i bought my
travel card and it was for zone 1 only well, we got off in zone 3 and the
old geezer made us pay 100 quid up front it wasnt out fault coz they never
told us in belgium you had to upgrade to go to other zones.?

Old February 12th 05, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"Shirley Minkowitz" wrote in message
ink.net...
how come when you go out of zone with your travel card they charge you 100
pounds if it aint in the zone?

the fine is 10 pounds, were there 10 of you.

the rules are here.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...alty-fares.pdf.

I was visitng from belgium where i bought my
travel card and it was for zone 1 only well, we got off in zone 3 and the
old geezer made us pay 100 quid up front it wasnt out fault coz they never
told us in belgium you had to upgrade to go to other zones.?

And I don't know what the ticket system is in Belgium. I presume that
they have fines for travelling out of the validity of your ticket.

What would a Belgian inspector do in this instance?

tim

Old February 13th 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:20:28 +0100, "tim"
wrote:

And I don't know what the ticket system is in Belgium. I presume that
they have fines for travelling out of the validity of your ticket.

Dunno about Belgium, but in Germany I recall that the penalty fare
tended to be at least 20 quid. A tenner is really quite low.

(I'd actually support increasing it to be in line with the usual
levels for a parking fine, personally - i.e. 40 quid within so many
days, then 80, then 120, but with the same facility to appeal, as a
tenner is just not a deterrent and the amounts of money being paid (or
not paid) are roughly similar).

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain