Old May 26th 05, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london

Default Unicycles on the London Underground

Clive George wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message

If you care to re-read the relevant posts, you will see that the
"non-existent" thing is any mention of "spikes" (except by your good
self).
If unicycles have no hardened steel parts (or bits), please accept my
apologies (though I don't think it will be necessary).

Which parts of a conventional bike are made of hardened steel then?

Ball bearings. Not exactly sticky out pointy things though.

Old May 26th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
sure the yike would be handy in my profession, involving as it does
regular trips to London including using the Tube, if only I could ride
it. But I can't yet, so I am using a nice new Brompton instead.

That nice new Brompton, it folds and unfolds, does it?
Old May 26th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Thu, 26 May 2005 00:38:02 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

TfL said:
"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less than 2
meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event of an
emergency."

A unicycle 1.99m *long*? A pennyfarthing without the farthing...

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13622555.html
(A "Spam Can" steaming through Martins Heron - well, sort of, 1999)
Old May 26th 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On 26 May 2005 12:11:24 +0100 (BST), (Alan
Braggins) wrote:

That nice new Brompton, it folds and unfolds, does it?

Let me just check...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
Old May 26th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:31:07 GMT, "Malcolm & Nika"
said:

...damn the rest of the public and
they can climb over the bike to get off.

You mis-spelt "give the bike a ****ing good kicking".

Old May 26th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 00:38:02 +0100 someone who may be Tom Anderson
wrote this:-

TfL said:

"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less than 2
meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event of an
emergency."

So now you know.

Basic knowledge for all readers now.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP

I stand corrected. But i think they are wrong. They have been in the
past........

Nice to see our northern cousins so interested.
Can't stop i'm off to basic knowledge school.

Mal

Old May 26th 05, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Malcolm & Nika wrote:

"David Hansen" wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

TfL said:

"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less
than 2 meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event
of an emergency."

So now you know.

Basic knowledge for all readers now.

I stand corrected. But i think they are wrong. They have been in the
past........
Nice to see our northern cousins so interested.
Can't stop i'm off to basic knowledge school.

Going for the green badge?

Old May 27th 05, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

TfL said:
"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less than 2
meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event of an
emergency."

A unicycle 1.99m *long*? A pennyfarthing without the farthing...

I think while it's being carried the major dimension of a giraffe unicycle
counts as length not height.

http://semcycle.biz/record/ says the record is a unicycle 35m tall.
Banning it from the Underground seems entirely reasonable.
Old May 27th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"JNugent" wrote in message
Malcolm & Nika wrote:

"David Hansen" wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

TfL said:

"You will be able to transport a uni-cycle as long as it is less
than 2 meters in length and if you can handle it easily in he event
of an emergency."

So now you know.

Basic knowledge for all readers now.

I stand corrected. But i think they are wrong. They have been in the
past........
Nice to see our northern cousins so interested.
Can't stop i'm off to basic knowledge school.

Going for the green badge?

No...the basic course in 'common sense'. Its a bit tough but im hoping to
pass.

Mal

Old May 27th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Malcolm & Nika wrote:

No...the basic course in 'common sense'. Its a bit tough but im hoping to
pass.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
Albert Einstein

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)