Old May 23rd 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Default Unicycles on the London Underground

JNugent wrote:
Do rucksacks also have hardened steel sharp bits sticking out and/or
covered in black grease as well?

Clive George wondered:
Do unicycles?

and JNugent responded:
If they operate in the same way as bicycles, the answer must be "yes".

Not that you see too many of them.

Ahem!

I see 5 every time I enter my workshop. None of them has hardened steel
bits sticking out, nor is any of them covered in black grease.

Oh, and a question to the OP, *why* did you have to cross-post this to utl?

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

Old May 23rd 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

"James Annan" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

"James Annan" wrote in message

Clive George wrote:

(never been to the circus?)

Never read uk.transport?

:-)

Do we get lions on newsgroups?

Clowns and the occasional unicyclist not enough?

I was thinking a Roman style lion pit may have its uses. But what I really
want is elephants. (And sabre-toothed chickens, but that's a seperate
issue).

cheers,
clive

Old May 23rd 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:41:14 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

Never read uk.transport?

Do we get lions on newsgroups?

Only in Kenya!

(Forget Norway)

"Bob"

--

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.
Old May 24th 05, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 23 May 2005, John Hearns wrote:

Now, why dance on a pinhead regarding why/why not unicycles are allowed?
That's the intent of the original poster as I see it - to stir things
up.

No, actually - i have a friend with a unicycle who's planning to visit,
and we were wondering about what his options for getting about town were
(he's not quite up to yiking all arouns town yet). I asked because i
wanted to know the answer, no other reason.

tom

--
What's the secret to our success? Shouting Robots! People love it when robots yell at them!
Old May 24th 05, 12:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Danny Colyer wrote:

Oh, and a question to the OP, *why* did you have to cross-post this to
utl?

I didn't - i cross-posted it to urc.

No but seriously - utl is pretty much the best place to ask questions
related to the London Underground, and this question was related to the
London Underground. Seemed the obvious thing to do to me.

tom

--
What's the secret to our success? Shouting Robots! People love it when robots yell at them!

Old May 24th 05, 12:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Brimstone wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Can you take a unicycle on the London Underground?

As I recall the byelaws specifically state "bicycle" and its
derivations.

That's the crux of it, i think. A recent thread (on urc, i think)
established that for national rail trains, the rules say 'cycles', and
cover trikes; those rules presumably also cover unis, even if that's
inappropriate. I would have thought LU's rules would be the same, but i
thought i'd check.

I know, i'll email TfL.

tom

--
What's the secret to our success? Shouting Robots! People love it when robots yell at them!
Old May 24th 05, 04:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Helen Deborah Vecht ) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying :

You obviously don't see them, or look at them then. Unicycles are driven
directly without gears, cog or a chain...

Surely that depends on the height of them?

http://www.cobr.co.uk/acatalog/mosscrop_unicycle.jpg looks to me to be
chain driven.
Old May 24th 05, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"JNugent" typed

Do unicycles?

If they operate in the same way as bicycles, the answer must be "yes".

Not that you see too many of them.

You obviously don't see them, or look at them then. Unicycles are driven
directly without gears, cog or a chain...

Unless they are giraffes

--
Tony

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)