Old December 17th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default zone 2-6 pass

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Old December 17th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
ps.com...
Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Yep

tim

Old December 17th 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Dec 2006 13:42:48 -0800, "
wrote:

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Yes.

74 Earls Ct - Baker St
205 Baker St - Liverpool St
100 Liverpool St - Shadwell

is probably the route with least changes. I'm sure someone can come up
with a more exciting variation.
--
Paul C

Old December 19th 06, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 17 Dec 2006 13:42:48 -0800, "
wrote:

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Yes.

74 Earls Ct - Baker St
205 Baker St - Liverpool St
100 Liverpool St - Shadwell

is probably the route with least changes. I'm sure someone can come up
with a more exciting variation.

Ask and you shall receive (Courtesy of the TfL Journey Planner, of
course):

C1 Earl's Court - Knightsbridge
14/19/22 Knightsbridge - Piccadilly Circus
9/13/23/139 Piccadilly Circus - Aldwych
11/23 Aldwych - Liverpool Street
100 Liverpool Street - Shadwell

Or how about:

328 Earl's Court - High Street Kensington
9 High Street Kensington - Aldwych
1/168/172/188 Aldwych/St Mary Strand Church - Bricklayers Arms
42 Bricklayers Arms - Tower Gateway
100 Crosswall - Shadwell

Cheers,

Barry
Old December 19th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

If you're just trying to avoid using the tube in zone 1, consider
taking the tube to Hammersmith or Kensington Olympia instead (both zone
2) and then, from either station, taking:

9 to Trafalgar Square/Strand
15 to Watney Street market (on Commercial Road), which is a five minute
walk from Shadwell DLR (through the market).

This would appear to be a little more direct, although no route using
buses through the central area is going to be particularly quick during
the day.

Old December 19th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On 17 Dec 2006 13:42:48 -0800, "
wrote:

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Yes.

74 Earls Ct - Baker St
205 Baker St - Liverpool St
100 Liverpool St - Shadwell

is probably the route with least changes. I'm sure someone can come up
with a more exciting variation.

I'll raise you...

74 Earl's Court - Marble Arch
15 Marble Arch - Shadwell

--
Dave Arquati
Old December 19th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

On 17 Dec 2006 13:42:48 -0800, "
wrote:

Can somebody with a pass take the tube to Earls Court then take buses
to Shadwell then take the DLR to King George?

Yes.

74 Earls Ct - Baker St
205 Baker St - Liverpool St
100 Liverpool St - Shadwell
is probably the route with least changes. I'm sure someone can come up
with a more exciting variation.

I'll raise you...

74 Earl's Court - Marble Arch
15 Marble Arch - Shadwell

That one takes a while but it is easy, especially with lots of luggage.

But if the only intension is to avoid Tube/DLR in zone 1, then I would
probably have done something like this instead:

74 Earl's Court - Hyde Park Corner
148 Hyde Park Corner - Elephant & Castle
45/63/100 Elephant & Castle - Southwark
Jubilee Southwark - Canning Town
DLR Canning Town - King George V

I *think* this might be one of the quickest ones on most times of the
day. But with lots of luggage the bus change at Hyde Park Corner,
especially in rush hours, would not be something funny... As an
alternative one may consider bus 360 South Kensington - Elephant &
Castle instead. South Kensington is also a piece of complicated bus stop
layout but it does not include as far walks for interchange as Hyde Park
Corner does.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old December 19th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

I'll raise you...

74 Earl's Court - Marble Arch
15 Marble Arch - Shadwell

That one takes a while but it is easy, especially with lots of luggage.

But if the only intension is to avoid Tube/DLR in zone 1, then I would
probably have done something like this instead:

[...]

Jubilee Southwark - Canning Town

Wrong, I thought for a while that Southwark was in zone 2, of course it
is not. Think I'll need some sleep now... :-)

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old December 19th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:

I'll raise you...

74 Earl's Court - Marble Arch
15 Marble Arch - Shadwell

That one takes a while but it is easy, especially with lots of luggage.

But if the only intension is to avoid Tube/DLR in zone 1, then I would
probably have done something like this instead:

[...]

Jubilee Southwark - Canning Town

Wrong, I thought for a while that Southwark was in zone 2, of course it
is not. Think I'll need some sleep now... :-)

Or with a little more research before posting, I change my idea to this
instead:
74 Earl's Court - Hyde Park Corner
148 Hyde Park Corner - Elephant & Castle
188 Elephant & Castle - Canada Water
Jubilee Canada Water - Canning Town
DLR Canning Town - King George V

Now, that seems okay to me.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old December 20th 06, 02:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Im going to do this after i leave my luggage in my hotel

3 Months TRAVEL CARD Zone 1 to Zone 6 for sale, 200 pounds Mike222 London Transport 11 January 18th 15 07:41 AM
Oyster PAYG: zone 2 to zone 1 via zone 3 neverwas[_2_] London Transport 10 September 9th 09 06:53 AM
One zone TC instead of Annual Bus Pass - can I really save money? [email protected] London Transport 4 July 22nd 05 04:05 PM
Pass The Buck CJG London Transport 1 July 21st 03 07:09 PM
Freedom Pass CharlesPottins London Transport 4 July 20th 03 11:51 AM